Using a SOC to play custom sounds

Status
Not open for further replies.
How do I use a SOC to play a custom sound, if its in a wad, and the wad that has the custom sound is seperate from it how do I make it work in the SOC?. And if I made my own, How do I know what "number" it is? Because if you look on SOC edit, and go into sounds, there are free slots... How do I fill in that spot with a sound is basicly what I'm trying to say...(looks like a bunch of nonsense huh?)

Thanks for all those nice awnsers :roll: ...(Yes I double posted and bumped. But I still really need to know how to do this, And yes I checked SRB2Wiki)

Yes, they do not tell you how to do that at wiki but I can tell you.

To do this you need to wad. Go into the soc editor and go to sounds. There you can get the names and sound number of the sounds. Don't include the sfx prefix. Now put sounds into your wad and change the name to that sound. Now you need to put DS in front of it. If you want to put in a freeslot sound into the soc, you need to use the number of that slot.

sonicfreak94 said:
So, if I used number 138 fre001 then what would I name the custom sound? would I name it DS138 for DSFRE001?

DSFRE001

Good u got it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Back