• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.
  • We've updated our submissions guidelines to address AI generated content, take a look at them here.

Tyson hesse Sonic V6

BlueM

Member
Hello and welcome all! This thread is mainly about the development of the current Hesse sonic mod (V5.12) that will be given a new set of sprites and abilites (Code.)

I wanted to emulate the sprites overall look off of the Tyson Hesse Sonic Mod By Hortinus for Sonic Mania.

progress probably won't be weekly and will likely be once every other day, these are all the sprites that I have done currently. Feedback is always welcome!
Hesse Sonic srb2_500%.gif

Post automatically merged:

Planned moveset:

- Dropdash.

- Peelout.

- Taunt(s)
 
I'm interested to see how this goes, but I would actually suggest keeping the levi-dash from previous versions, as I find it a genuinely fun move to use, and I think it'd be kind of a shame if it went away honestly, even if you were to change it up a little. After that I have nothing else to say, good luck!
 
Tweaked the a2 a bit. Now the rest.
Hesse Sonic_500%.png

Post automatically merged:

I'm interested to see how this goes, but I would actually suggest keeping the levi-dash from previous versions, as I find it a genuinely fun move to use, and I think it'd be kind of a shame if it went away honestly, even if you were to change it up a little. After that I have nothing else to say, good luck!
I think that the levi dash is a bit outdated and needs to be changed or removed for a more simple play style. But I might keep it.
 
Last edited:
[sprite changes]

I think that the levi dash is a bit outdated and needs to be changed or removed for a more simple play style. But I might keep it.
I'm honestly a bit confused with what you mean when you say "simple play style"? While I can understand it might being slightly outdated, I think the levi-dash is already incredibly simple ability, barely above a speed-thok in that sense, it's basically just a held thok with slightly different properties (like floating or dropping you if held for too long), it's still really fun in it's own right and gives TH Sonic something more unique outside of a drop-dash and a super peelout. While it's ultimately up to you on what you want to do here, but I would suggest keeping or at least finding another unique primary ability or two to make this guy stand out from being another "dropdash peelout" Sonic.

While there is nothing wrong about that, there are a lot of Sonic's that have those abilities, maybe even both at the same time like this one, they are pretty fun moves to use. But it's because of that only having those in particular doesn't make for a very compelling character when there are so many like that already (even if TH Sonic having those make complete sense in the context of him being from Sonic Mania). I hope you can keep that in mind when reconstructing his moveset. Thanks for the response, if you have any more questions to keep this going- I'm all ears!
 
Hesse Sonic_600%.png

Progress.
Post automatically merged:

Might go for a more flat shading type of style.
Post automatically merged:

Hesse Sonic A1.png

I've decided to go for a more Flat shaded style since it would make more sense realistically (Style wise.) and to better differentiate itself from the SRB2 style. (Like how I've done in the past.)
 
Last edited:

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back
Top