Two questions about making character mods—

SnocSock the Hedg

The bluebell Sonic.
I have a couple questions about making character mods, since I'm (considering) making one or two in the [TBD] future.

1) What are the recommended dimensions for a sprite? Because...well, I mean isn't that important—

2) Giving the character(s) custom abilities. I know it's probably easier than I think it is, but I just gotta ask.

These questions were probably asked before and I'm probably gonna feel very stupid for posting this soon. :(

Also, keep in mind that I'm a high school student. I don't promise a confirmation about making the mod(s) but I'll never really know.

Sorry for bothering anyone, I'll shut up now.
Post automatically merged:

...keep in mind that I'm a high school student.
And I mean this as in terms of motivation.

Hello! Glad to see that you have an interest in modding. Something I do reccomend is checking out the SRB2 Discord Server. There's a lot of more active people that will be willing to help you out in there and you'll usually get a response quicker than here. That aside, I'll answer your questions:

1. The recommended dimensions largely depends on the size of your character. Big the Cat will have a much larger size than Tails, who in turn would have a much larger size than a Chao. However, a good reference is Sonic, whose sprites are about 50x70. They can be a bit bigger than that or a bit smaller than that depending on what the action is

2. Custom abilities are actually about as hard as you may think it'll be. It requires lua knowledge, which is a type of coding language. However, if you can get that down and understand how to use it properly, then you should be good to go on making custom abilities.

I hope this was helpful for you!

Hello! Glad to see that you have an interest in modding. Something I do reccomend is checking out the SRB2 Discord Server. There's a lot of more active people that will be willing to help you out in there and you'll usually get a response quicker than here. That aside, I'll answer your questions:

1. The recommended dimensions largely depends on the size of your character. Big the Cat will have a much larger size than Tails, who in turn would have a much larger size than a Chao. However, a good reference is Sonic, whose sprites are about 50x70. They can be a bit bigger than that or a bit smaller than that depending on what the action is

2. Custom abilities are actually about as hard as you may think it'll be. It requires lua knowledge, which is a type of coding language. However, if you can get that down and understand how to use it properly, then you should be good to go on making custom abilities.

I hope this was helpful for you!
Haha, thanks so much!! But, uh...
I'm not one to use Discord.
Not that that's gonna be a problem, but I just wanna point that out. Nonetheless, thanks so much for the help!

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back