Twisted Metal PS3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bobinator

My thoughts on your posting
So, out of all the stuff that Sony's been showing off for E3, I think that that this is probably the thing I'm looking the most forward to, really.

Twisted Metal, for you kiddies that may have missed it (quite possible, it sadly never really was the most popular of Sony's franchises), it's basically like a cross between Unreal Tournament and Mario Kart. You pick a character, each with their own vehicle and special weapon, drive around an arena, pick up weapons, and try to blow all the other drivers up. The closest thing to a main character is an evil clown who drives around in an ice cream truck shooting exploding ice cream cones at people. ...So, yeah, it's basically Micheal Bay: The Game. :V

So they've been teasing a new one of these for a while on the PS3, and for this year's E3, they've finally given us some good gameplay footage to look at. The levels are way bigger, and there's a ton more people out this time driving around, so it's more like a full-scale war. Seems pretty awesome, and I'll definately be playing this for the online, I think. The PS3 hasn't actually had a good car combat game, since... ever, which really sucks.

Trailer!
Some multiplayer footage
Some gameplay of one of the boss fights. If you check this page, you'll find a lot of other videos that go into stuff like interviews and cam footage of multiplayer.

So the demo just came out today, and I must say it's quite amazing.

• Controls fairly well with all types of vehicles, although it takes a bit of getting used to with the Helicopter (also no sweet tooth in the demo :<).
  • Visuals are fantastic, although it might be a bit brownish.
  • The maps are pretty large, with the addition of being rather destructible (smashing through buildings is fun). Not too flat and not too cluttered.
  • The game is pretty intense and somewhat difficult, so you'll probably die a few times on your first try.
  • The Special weapons are a bit different this time around, having a chargeable alternate fire and some other new twists.
  • There's a few new weapons, and the game has an automatic lock-on for some of them.
  • Multiplayer connection is kind of garbage though.

Overall, I find the demo to be fantastic, and I'm pretty sure i'll end up buying this game no questions asked.

I thought there would be an existing thread on this game. Weird. Didn't know there was multiplayer, maybe you and me can play some time Scizor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back