Trying to make a custom character.

Jayquanda

So, I have been trying to figure out how I can edit the template I was given in a youtube video for SRB2 (vanilla). I've tried converting the file in SLADE and that didn't work. I am REALLY trying to find some answers, so please help.

I'm using paint and I have tried to use other programs (like Graphics Gale).

Thank you!

Last edited:
You're gonna need to be more specific on things. To start, is this for vanilla SRB2, or SRB2 Kart?

Well, I wouldn't really recommend a template for that. If you need info, the wiki is the best place to check, and there's even a guide for custom character creation. The Lua section is a bit outdated (for example, there's hooks for when you use an ability, making a good chunk of it needless), but it covers a lot. If you need examples to look at, the file "player.dta" has all of the base game's character sprites and info. You can also look at how other character mods work, but I wouldn't recommend checking anything but ones with the [Reusable] button, as you don't wanna look inside something an author doesn't want you looking at. If you need more direct and immediate help, our Discord channels are the place to go, in the SRB2 Modding category.

Well, I wouldn't really recommend a template for that. If you need info, the wiki is the best place to check, and there's even a guide for custom character creation. The Lua section is a bit outdated (for example, there's hooks for when you use an ability, making a good chunk of it needless), but it covers a lot. If you need examples to look at, the file "player.dta" has all of the base game's character sprites and info. You can also look at how other character mods work, but I wouldn't recommend checking anything but ones with the [Reusable] button, as you don't wanna look inside something an author doesn't want you looking at. If you need more direct and immediate help, our Discord channels are the place to go, in the SRB2 Modding category.
I don't see anything wrong with looking inside non-reusable content to see how something was done, as long as you don't copy anything from it.

I don't see anything wrong with looking inside non-reusable content to see how something was done, as long as you don't copy anything from it.
Well, if one does, its best to remember to ask before using anything. For example, I looked at Kirby for how to get an object to break spikes, and I asked before using it. I'd rather folks play it safe than sorry.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back