Trouble with the Master Server

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sykotic

I'm unable to host on the master server. Before you ask, I gave myself a Static IP, I forwarded the ports. Nothing. Can someone help me here?

Sykotic said:
I'm unable to host on the master server. Before you ask, I gave myself a Static IP, I forwarded the ports. Nothing. Can someone help me here?
Would it be too much to, I don't know...
Tell us what your IP address is?
Oh, and if your IP address that is on the ban list, then I will not take it off, all because it seems you were to lazy to check beforehand, thank you, and have a good day. 8)

No. See, I used the windowed mode and hosted on the master server. I checked the port to make sure it was right, but it was one of those 60.000 ports. Which is obviously wrong. So again. Help?

Sykotic said:
No. See, I used the windowed mode and hosted on the master server. I checked the port to make sure it was right, but it was one of those 60.000 ports. Which is obviously wrong. So again. Help?
Oh, then you have the same setup as Mystic, and the masterserver is working just fine, your NAT router is changing the port number on the internet side, and the masterserver is adjusting for it.

I can't host games either!

When I host one, It doesn't show up on the list you get when you press Join game (Search).

Another user tried the IP thing.

He found my sever on the master server status page, and copied the IP into the slot on the Join game (Specify IP) thing, and pressed enter. He said It didn't go anywhere, it just sat there.

A little help?

(My port is srb2.servergame.org:28900)

sonic saver said:
You may be banned or not have a router. Make sure it has either a WPA Key, Unlocked, Or WEP Key.
I mark this post as nonsense

sonic saver said:
I am nonsense. You have a point.

He meant you have no idea what you're talking about. A router makes no difference, if he's on the internet now, then he has an internet connection. A router isn't something you require to connect to the MS.

sonic saver said:
On srb2.org it says you need a router to host or join a netgame.

No, it doesn't, read it again. It says if you have a firewall (software/hardware, most routers have a firewall) then you need to forward port 5029.

my ip search is fine

WAD master said:
I can't host games either!

When I host one, It doesn't show up on the list you get when you press Join game (Search).

Another user tried the IP thing.

He found my sever on the master server status page, and copied the IP into the slot on the Join game (Specify IP) thing, and pressed enter. He said It didn't go anywhere, it just sat there.

A little help?

(My port is srb2.servergame.org:28900)

Thats kinda strange, when i try to join server games it doesn't show any results but when i use the ip search it work fine but i notice that when it sits there it means the max amount of players has been reached, so i cant join.

The problem has to be something different than portforwarding because for most people that's not working. Does anyone have any different ideas?

Recently...or a week ago i have been able to play join and host games, but now i cant host or join. It's always the master server failes i've goten some help as to what to do but nothing works at ths point i'll try anything to put it back online (and yes i looked up the banlist).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back