TPU's Singleplayer OLDC Vote

Apolocheese

WARNING: I AM NOT COUNTING EMBLEMS IN MY VOTE

Simply because it's just too tiring to get them.
Also no offense but, Zaxel's Thunder Yard has a Score emblem for some reason??? I dunno i just really hate Score emblems on non boss levels, but that doesn't mean it's going lower because of that.
Oh yeah also 2000 rings emblem that looks time consuming.

7th - ZAXEL'S THUNDER YARD [ CLEARED AS SONIC ]

Who is Zaxel and why he has a thunder yard? Why is theres lightning elemental girls on his garden???
Jokes aside, this level looks good, the magnetism gimmick is also cool, nothing too much to say about it, its a pretty solid level, but the beginning is kinda thin though.
Also

srb20007.png

13th - FORT SUNSET ZONE [ CLEARED AS TAILS ]
Theme wise? Very cool! I like the cute small enemies with different scarfs and the tents with the sleeping ones, pretty adorable :3
Objective wise? Eh, not a big fan of levels that requires you to collect a certain number of collectables to beat the level that aren't Special Stages (Not making an exception to the Spyro Ripto Blast 2), and despite being cute, the enemies are too easy to dodge and attack, and no enemy variety, just these small little beans.
Also respawning coins makes it kinda easier though it's understandable for those who get hurt by the enemies.

2nd - HOLLOW HILL ZONE [ CLEARED AS KNUCKLES ]
Damn this level is massive! I love this level and the effort put into it so much! And i really din't expect a different titlecard and the Tails only path those are pretty cool, no flaws whatsoever.

5th - BLIZZARD BASTION ZONE [ CLEARED AS SONIC ]
It's cool, so cool that i'm literally freezing on where i live. Jokes aside though this level is pretty good, nothing felt too much out of place and i enjoyed that slide part.

11th - TEAL TUNDRA ZONE [ CLEARED AS SONIC ]
Another one? Nice. (no pun intended)
For real though it aesthetically looks good but level design wise, it's not really interesting.

4th - ANTE-STATION ZONE [ CLEARED AS METAL SONIC ] [ CLEARED AS TAILS ]
Even if its limited to Software mode, the different camera perspectives in a 2D level makes it up for some really cool screenshot! Gimmicks are nice though the level design with them is kinda weird.

6th - LAVA TEMPLE ZONE [ CLEARED AS FANG ]
Haha Jonathan these eye monsters really scared the hell out of me.
The rest of level is surprisingly good though and the music is a banger.

9th - KOOPA KASTLE ZONE [ CLEARED AS SONIC ]
Mario Mode levels are kinda underrated honestly.
Though the mix of vanilla Goomba, PTZ Revamp Koopa Troopas and ...Legacy Spincushion? Like, no offense but Legacy Spincushions are by far the worst ones, specially when in multiple groups where they can make awful loud noises. This might also apply to the current Spincushions but i almost never see them in groups so i dunno.
Otherwise this is an pretty solid level, i like the pipes and all.

8th - RIDGE RAPIDS ZONE [ CLEARED AS TAILS ] [ CLEARED AS AMY ]
The level itself is mostly good and the music is a pretty good choice (i wonder where does it come from), except the lack of Amy/Fang paths and at the end with the Banpyuras and Bumbobores, those are kinda annoying to deal with.

10th - ABYSS CAVERNS ZONE [ CLEARED AS KNUCKLES ]
Too many rings
For real though, being honest, the same as Teal Tundra, aesthetically looks good but level design wise it's boring.

1st - FALCON EMISSARY ZONE [ CLEARED AS TAILS, OH THE IRONY ]

Aka, "Speeding off to..." hell, but i'm not blaming yall i'm blaming my computer.
This level is amazing! The airship fortress look of this stage is enjoyable to look at, and the rainy season part of the stage is good too!
And despite being playing as Tails, it was kinda annoying getting hurt by the Bumblebores on that tunnel and the ziplines, and the music doesn't loop properly (Aka the start of the music playing once in a while).
Otherwise this level is wonderful!
Oh yeah also i'm not sure whats supposed to be the use of these red springs on the bridge at this section since you just die if you try to skip this part of the bridge.

srb20013.png

3rd - MERCURY MINE [ CLEARED AS SONIC ]

This one is pretty interesting as well! Level design is top notch and the ring draining grey water is cool, no major flaws whatsoever in my opinion.
Though maybe if you are equipped with the Elemental Shield, the water shouldn't drain your rings.

15th - MUSIC MASH ZONE [ CLEARED AS METAL SONIC ]
While i like the idea of making the level around instruments and musical stuff, the execution here is poor.
I don't get the flashing lights nonsense but okay i guess?
The piano is cool but this happens when i bounce on the white tiles so thats kinda lame.

srb20021.png

The level design after the second checkpoint gets pretty weird and bad, i don't want to point out every single problem with the level design, but i'm just saying it could be improved.

16th - EMERALD GLABER ZONE [ CLEARED AS KNUCKLES ]
I'm guessing that this is your first map? If it is then it's pretty decent for your first map, though it feels too much like a small sandbox, and the enemy placement is kinda weird, with some facing backwards and some being literally useless like the Hangster at the top of the level. Also i don't know why put the Bubble and Fire shields since the level doesn't have water and theres no fire enemies or hazards but okay i guess.

srb20032.png

For the emerald placement, don't make them close to each other! It makes it too easy to end the level.
Overall keep improving!

12th - DRENCHED DAM(N) ZONE
Theres too many invisible walls, i get that it's to prevent players from skipping the entire level but even some of those invisible walls are badly placed, making it up for some awful tight slow downs.
Excellent music choice though!

14th - BOMBASTIC BEACH [ CLEARED AS AMY ]
Amazing ideas but poor execution, the level itself is short and tight and the gimmicks aren't really interesting (aside from the bubble one, but the level is mostly set outside and it's pretty underused so it doesn't have any purpose).
Again like Drenched Dam Zone, the music fits this level pretty well!!

Overall this was a pretty fun OLDC, i can't wait for Round 2!
And sorry if this is unorganized! I din't know it was based on places instead of "I vote for this!".
(This is my first time voting for OLDC levels, blame me if theres anything wrong, even my opinions)

Last edited:

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back