• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Too Many Flats

Status
Not open for further replies.
:mrgreen: Wow, guys, thank you so much! I really didn't think this level was all that great. This was mostly me learning how to make stuff work. I knew it was very linear, because I didn't really try to make it otherwise. The biggest problem with it, however, is that if the player is Tails, or worse yet, Knuckles, you can basically bypass 95% of the level by flying and gliding.

Also, thanks for the help, Mystic, but yesterday I couldn't get on to the forums, so I took apart another wad I had downloaded and saw that thing about the MAP01D, so I managed to fix it. The reason I had that maincfg thing was that earlier the day before, before I registered in the forum, I was reading other posts and that was what it said to do.

Anyway, I cleaned it up a little more (I changed some of the rings and such around) and now it has a cloudy sky and rain so that it looks even more like the scene from Sonic Adventure to me.

As far as Eggman goes, well, put it this way: I wouldn't come up with a story for it if it was only going to be a one act wad!

I'm sure that you have noticed that the level ends with you jumping into a building with the Eggman design on it. Act two takes place inside this building, the Egg Scraper. I just started it, and believe me, this level is going to be much less linear that Station Square was. After this level, you will go up onto the roof for a fight with Eggman, and afterwards, he will reveal his evil plans. What are they? Well,... actually I'm not sure yet. I'm honestly not sure how I might be able to put a plot into the levels. I'll just cross that bridge when I come to it.

Oh, by the way, now my problem is that when I launch the wads, I can get into either level from the stage select, but after I play Station Square, (MAP01) it goes directly to Greenflower 3 Instead of Egg Scraper, which is labled MAP02. Can someone tell me how to fix this?

Anyway, thanks again for the warm welcome, guys! I don't feel worthy! I'm all warm and tingley inside. :D

Aegix said:
this level is pretty good! I was not expecting a FLOODED Station square, nor was I expecting Crush 40 music to be playing!
Did you know that you're breathing air right now? I bet you, like, totally weren't expecting that.

As for the level, it's pretty decent, especially for a first wad. A rather unique concept as well. Only one flaw: I can beat it in 10 seconds. With Sonic, mind you. On the upside, doing so abandons any and all notions of linearity, but really, you may want to avoid such exploitable level design in future wads.

Ok ongakujin, to get the maps to work in order they need to have the right gametype, many maps, like my single map molten caves zone has the gametype as 3 (coop, race) because srb2 always opens the first map, unless you change the spstage_start header in maincfg, if you are masking a wad with more than one map in it you need to put the typeoflevel as 4099 (single, coop, race), 4097 (single, coop).

Never make a boss map a race map, it does not work.

got that?

Ritz said:
Did you know that you're breathing air right now? I bet you, like, totally weren't expecting that.
Really? I could've sworn Morpheus had questioned that very thing.

I mean, really, do you think that's air you're breathing?

[quote="RitzDid you know that you're breathing air right now? I bet you, like, totally weren't expecting that.[/quote]

OH NOES! AIR IS POISON TO MY KIND!!!! WHY'D YOU TELL ME?!SHIFT !!11!!!

But no, seriously, Flame me if you want to. I never saw Super sonic's story. I rented the game for two days, and I got stuck in stupid BIg's chapter. (damn big...)

Shadow Hog said:
Really? I could've sworn Morpheus had questioned that very thing.

I mean, really, do you think that's air you're breathing?
Actually, that's exactly what I had in mind when I posted that.

And Aegix, I was refering more to the fact that onga specifically mentioned that the city was flooded in one of his earlier posts. Thus, the context of your post seemed somewhat off-kilter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Back