• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Tikal Beta finally out! Now for the real thing...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Angelus_the_echidna said:
I'll Begin said:
You lost a downloader.
1. What? Shouldn't it be logical that you create a wad that you want first and then make one for everyone else? The whole point of character wad-ing is to create someone new and different the way you want it to be. Then, if you want to share it, you spice it up a bit so other people enjoy it.

2. Why does it seem like your against the idea of me making a tikal wad? If you don't like me, just say so.
1. Zck2020 took care of that one.

2. If you're not going to make the effort to do her correctly, then yes. I'm against you making a Tikal wad.

I'll Begin said:
2. If you're not going to make the effort to do her correctly, then yes. I'm against you making a Tikal wad.

Once again, I did not say I would not put the extra work in. All I'm saying is that it's difficult for me to. I have homework every night, I'm obligated to spend my Saturdays doing chores, and I have a date on Sunday (Which I'm hoping goes real good).

Overall, I guess what I'm trying to ask is that I be given a chance. Tikal is the first project I'm working on. I decided to start her from an edit rather than create Angelus from scratch because Angelus is not going to be an easy draw. He'll have weapons, a special belt, a symbol, skater's shoes,and several other features I'm not wanting to discuss. And spriters, let me prove a point by asking you something: Why did you make your first character wad? It was probably because you wanted it, just as I want Tikal.

In conclusion, I'm just asking that you give me the benefit of the doubt. I'm drawing this with a program (of which I'm not sure of it's full potential), and my memory. You can go ahead and be against me I'll Begin, but that won't discourage me. Because now, I'll be getting the job done, and I'll get it done right!

This has been Angelus, over...and out.

And spriters, let me prove a point by asking you something: Why did you make your first character wad? It was probably because you wanted it, just as I want Tikal.
Yeah, but my first character wad was a cartoonish stickman who walked by shooting fire out of his feet and farting turbo boost flames to run. My first official Sonic character that I made was Darkspine Sonic. That was about my 7th or 8th character wad.

This is zck2020, over and out... *rickrolled*

EDIT: Example of my sprite Progress:
evospritesso2.png

zck2020 said:
And spriters, let me prove a point by asking you something: Why did you make your first character wad? It was probably because you wanted it, just as I want Tikal.
Yeah, but my first character wad was a cartoonish stickman who walked by shooting fire out of his feet and farting turbo boost flames to run. My first official Sonic character that I made was Darkspine Sonic. That was about my 7th or 8th character wad.

This is zck2020, over and out... *rickrolled*

EDIT: Example of my sprite Progress:
evospritesso2.png
LOL! Man, I would have loved to see that one when it came out! =D
EDIT: I don't say that in an insulting way, mind you.
EDIT2: zck2020 was/is working on Wall-E?!?!? He would be my brother's hero. He loved that movie.

UPDATE! (again)

With the information I've collected about Tikal, I have done a much better job on creating her likeness. The crown now looks like it wraps around her head as opposed to 5 different colored streaks across her head. It's still outside the hair, though. I made an attempt to put some bangs over it, but then she just look awkward.

Also (many people will be happy about this), her hair now has bandages!!!! I had to heigten her hair in order to make 2 of them align properly, but hey, whatever works.

I'm also looking back on the old sprites, and I'm not liking the shoes too much. I'm thinking about just flip-flops, because the current feet wrappings look ridiculous (yes, I'm willing to admit when I do something wrong).

I appreciate all the constructive criticism/feedback I've been given, and I hope that I will hear more. I'll be working today, tonight, tomorrow night, and then I'll be taking Saturday and Sunday off (for reasons why, see one of my above posts).

Once again, This has been Angelus, over a-- ah, you know the rest.

EDIT: And now, to be quite honest, I feel real good about the effort I put into the new sprites. I'll show them when I have the last diagonal frame complete.

I'll Begin said:
Did you draw Wall-E in your avatar?
Indeed I did.
EDIT2: zck2020 was/is working on Wall-E?!?!? He would be my brother's hero. He loved that movie.
Well, I've really only gotten one and a half sprites done, but yeah, I'm making Wall•E.

Ontopic:
It's good to hear that you decided to put moar effort into this. Any new sprites?

zck2020 said:
I'll Begin said:
Did you draw Wall-E in your avatar?
Indeed I did.
Well, I've really only gotten one and a half sprites done, but yeah, I'm making Wall•E.

Ontopic:
It's good to hear that you decided to put moar effort into this. Any new sprites?

First off, I will state that my brother just said you've won the internet until the end of time (he's 10, just so you know).
Secondly, to answer your question about the sprites, yes and no. I have got a half-way decent A2A8 sprite, and I have yet to do A4A6. When I complete them both, I will post new sprites. Also, I plan to revamp the crown again. One of my girl-friends gave me an idea and I want to try it on for size, so to speak. (I put the hyphen so people would not get the wrong idea. She's one of my best friends, but I could never date her. She's a wildcard 0_0)

--Angelus, over and out. *shot*

zck2020 said:
TMI, you could've just as easily said "one of my friends". Anywho, by revamp, what do you mean?

Change, adjust, redesign, modify, redo, redraw... whatever word suits best. Point is, the crown will be different (Maybe. I'm not sure if It'll fit Tikal right.)

Hear the good news people (no, not that good news). After spending an entire night on my last sprite, I managed to get the standing sprites looking very good. My head hurts horribly, and I feel like falling asleep right now, but on the whole, I'm very proud of myself. Here is the new pics. I hope they load okay. I had to use photobucket this time. Let me know if they didn't. If they did, then just let me know what you think.
I'm also going to say that I've made up my mind on her color change. She will be preferrably blue, and her jewels and wristbands are what will change.
After this, I will be starting on the walking frames. For now, her idle frames are just her standing still. I plan to make better ones later down the line, so don't be disappointed.
Now, once again without anymore of the chatter you probably don't want to read, I present the new sprites. Quality could be better I know, but my computer's being annoying.
allsprites.png

This has been Angelus, over an--*bricked*

EDIT: Fix'd. The quality should be better now.

Do you mean the picture itself, or the sprite, which happens to be on the picture? I know, dumb question, but your statement is a little unclear.

I've got a question for someone: I know Tikal walks mainly, but she moves quickly, like knuckles' speed. I think it has something to do with runspeed, but how do I set that?

When you say nose, do you mean her...well, for lack of a better term...beak? If so, then yes. I already tried lengthening it, and then she looked hideously ugly compared to when it's short. I even tried to use knuckles.plr for a decent reference structure, and it looked like a....a....a.....odd, I can't describe it.

Snout's the word.

Yeah, she lacks the echidna snout (just copy Knux's) and her quills are waaay too short. She looks more like Tikal The Hedgehog.

Also, please tell me you're not serious when you said this
her jewels and wristbands are what will change.
Because that is the stupidest part of her to apply the colour change to ever. It's like saying "For my Sonic wad, only the nose will change colour". Make her fur change colour. Seriously.

Also, why exactly do your sprites look like they've been resisized 1.5 times in MS Paint?

1. SNOUT!!! That's the word I was searching for!!!
2. I tried. I still am.
3. If you play the SA games, her quills are short. Very short.
4. Why do so many people like fur changing color? Not being a jerk, but I'm just curious. I've seen plenty of other girl characters that don't change fur [coughs]AMY![/coughs]. Either way, I'll fix it. Just give me time.
5. Well...that's because...they kinda are. Besides word processing, applications, internet, and SRB2, I don't have much on my laptop. *head hangs in embarrassment*

On a side note, I am very appreciative of your constructive critcism, I'll Begin. Thank you.

Okay, folks. It appears now that I've got work to do (both sprite work and college work). I'll keep you posted.

Until next time: This has been Angelus, over and out.
End Transmission

Color changing fur is ok with me, but I don't think it looks good on girls at all. I'd just have the white or green parts of Tikal's dress change color.
Also, are you using MSPaint? You haven't told us what app you're using to wind up with over-sized sprites, I know your not stretching them intentionally.

Dr.Pepper said:
Color changing fur is ok with me, but I don't think it looks good on girls at all

THANK YOU!!!! Now I know I'm not the only one!

And, to answer your other question:

I said:
5. Well...that's because...they kinda are. Besides word processing, applications, internet, and SRB2, I don't have much on my laptop. *head hangs in embarrassment*

P.S. Good to have you back, Dr.P

Dr.Pepper said:
Color changing fur is ok with me, but I don't think it looks good on girls at all. I'd just have the white or green parts of Tikal's dress change color.
I just reckon it's more feasable for a multiplayer game, especially with team-based FPS modes, to have highly-noticable colour changes. Besides. Tikal's dress is too complicated in design to change colour, so the fur is the only place I can think of that really works.

Think of it this way. If you're playing in 640x400 Software Mode (the majority of players do) then what do you see off in the distance? Is that one pixel the colour of a team-mate, or some random colour that doesn't say anything about what team they're on? It's hard with female characters since they don't walk around nude like the male ones do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back