This, is my first level - Deep Cave Zone

This, is my first level - Deep Cave Zone 2023-10-08

This is a good start in your adventures in map making. There's a couple of things I would suggest you do for an update to this map or even on your next mapping endeavor.
  • Make sure your rings float. It's easier to grab them when they are floating and not placed directly on the ground in the level. It also looks a lot better looking too
  • Towards the end where one of the checkpoints are at, there's a ledge that when playing as Sonic couldn't even jump on to because it was placed a little bit higher. Tails didn't have any problems getting through that and I think it's safe to assume Knuckles can climb up to it. Just make sure when testing a level, you test the geometry with all six characters and take in considerations their struggles or even default abilities when making the stage so you don't get softlocked in an area.
  • Finally, I think you should make these levels a little bit more opened to have that space to run around in. I think for the level theming you did, it fits but you can also make a closed in cramped area while making the level feel open enough to have fluidity running around it.
With all that being said, please take my feedback however you want. I'm always interested on what everyone is cooking in terms of level design and I really appreciate the time and effort that goes into these things. Welcome to releases! I'll be on the lookout for more levels if you do decide to make any.

This is a good start in your adventures in map making. There's a couple of things I would suggest you do for an update to this map or even on your next mapping endeavor.
  • Make sure your rings float. It's easier to grab them when they are floating and not placed directly on the ground in the level. It also looks a lot better looking too
  • Towards the end where one of the checkpoints are at, there's a ledge that when playing as Sonic couldn't even jump on to because it was placed a little bit higher. Tails didn't have any problems getting through that and I think it's safe to assume Knuckles can climb up to it. Just make sure when testing a level, you test the geometry with all six characters and take in considerations their struggles or even default abilities when making the stage so you don't get softlocked in an area.
  • Finally, I think you should make these levels a little bit more opened to have that space to run around in. I think for the level theming you did, it fits but you can also make a closed in cramped area while making the level feel open enough to have fluidity running around it.
With all that being said, please take my feedback however you want. I'm always interested on what everyone is cooking in terms of level design and I really appreciate the time and effort that goes into these things. Welcome to releases! I'll be on the lookout for more levels if you do decide to make any.
¡Thank you very much for your support! I did the part you told me about where Sonic gets stuck on purpose, since in a previous room there is a monitor with a wind shield (Or whatever it's called xd) but I'll fix it anyway, again thank you very much for your support, I will take everything you suggested into account

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back