"this cannot be done with a modified game"

why when I use a mod, this message comes to me and prevents me from making a save game, or a server
Do you honestly think the devs would let you use an op char or mod to cheat the game ?

Think otherwise:threat:

Also the server thing is bcs they dont have the same mods as you loaded

I believe there's a SOC out there that creates a new set of savefiles for modified sessions. I don't remember where it is but I know it exists, I've used it before

Edit: Here

I think it's for three reasons:
So you don't just change the maps into just a sign post
Because Characters are stored as number, depending on what order you loaded them in.
And if you opened the save menu without a custom character that you had savedata with, the game would most likely crash

Because Characters are stored as number, depending on what order you loaded them in.
And if you opened the save menu without a custom character that you had savedata with, the game would most likely crash
A more common answer is, corrupted savefiles

IIRC the actual behavior is that SRB2 doesn't crash, and just displays it as a "corrupted savefile" that you can't open until you add that character.

Just a little correction since 2.2.10 has been out for enough time. Characters now are stored as names.
why when I use a mod, this message comes to me and prevents me from making a save game, or a server
Cheesing and easily overpowering the challenge in Vanilla SRB2, and the modification flag prevents people from loading mods into the Master Server without any detection. Which can cause massive Master Server shutdowns.

You can also make a server with addons loaded, as those addons being flagged as modifications automatically makes it safer to use. You just have to port forward and get it up and running.

Cheesing and easily overpowering the challenge in Vanilla SRB2, and the modification flag prevents people from loading mods into the Master Server without any detection. Which can cause massive Master Server shutdowns.

You can also make a server with addons loaded, as those addons being flagged as modifications automatically makes it safer to use. You just have to port forward and get it up and running.
thanks

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back