There a way to make 1.09 not be worst?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Me and my friends stick to 1.08 cuz the only differences I see at ALL is that in srb 1.09:

- Multiplayer mode always puts us in first person view. If we change it to third person view, it always changes back to first-person the next time.

- Can't use the wad we made that turns me into my hamster made up character, in Single Player

(The first person view thing mostly though.)

and yeah. Any way to make it like not suck, so I can use wads and junk that need the newest version?

moustache.jpg

That's the point; it's not supposed to mean anything, it's only meant to divert your attention.

Chuck%20Norris.jpg

Please type correctly. Thank you.
And I still think 1.09's better.

And yes Ritz, the man does have a notably long moustache. But what's that got to do with anything?

EDIT: Dangit, you people stop posting while I'm writing my post!

1.09 defaults to having the camera off in match mode, because quite simply, it's very hard to be truly proficient at aiming without it, and some people started whining that first person is cheating. It's, um, not.

Needless to say, you can set up a bind to change the camera settings if you can't stand first person, but I would suggest at least trying it for a little while, it really does make aiming up and down a LOT easier, since you have a crosshair.

1.09 has a TON of new features, especially if you play multiplayer. Just take a look at the new deathmatch map rotation and that should be enough to show you that a lot changed. The capture the flag gametype even WORKS now. 1.09 also doesn't crash as much, and despite many jokes otherwise, it DOES have less bugs. *cough, Homing Ring, cough*

If you prefer 1.08, that's fine, but you really are missing out on a lot of new features, and quite simply, if you find a problem in 1.08, you're out of luck, because we aren't fixing it. If you don't like something in 1.09, feel free to suggest it in the suggestions topic on this forum. That's the difference between using an old version and the new one.

Ah.. Okay, I feel better about 1.09 now.

I didn't think first person was cheating, I just didn't like how it looked or something 8) and cuz someone made me a character wad for christmas and I can't see mehself in first person, but yeah~

Kkerz thanks~ :D

God, I STILL don't get why people still care about 1.08 when, just a few months ago, they were female dogging about "when is 1.09 coming out?"

Ritz said:
Open the console and type 'CHASECAM_1'.
That..uh..command thingy isn't recognized when I try that.

edit: o nevermind, I get it now, the _'s suppose to be a space when I enter it ^^; kkers got it

edit: o that still makes me start in first person the next run though, even if i put it as a line in config.cfg, o well =3

You can create a bind that stays around by making a text file named "autoexec.cfg" and inserting the following:

" bind z "chasecam 1"" and then hitting enter. Note the space before the line. Replace z with whatever key you want to turn the camera on.

Place the file in the SRB2 directory and it'll load that bind each time you start SRB2.

Then all you'd have to do is hit the key and it would turn the camera on.

Thanks! :D

o wait one more thing, there a way to bind a key to run more than one line of commands? like do the chasecam 1 thing, change my skin to abu if the wad's being used, and rename myself to TrainerAbu (since the master server SRB2 netgame launcher never correctly renames me,) all by pressing z?

Chaos Zero 64 said:
No, you're gonna have to do that with separate keys.
No, actually you don't.

Here is my autoexec.cfg:

Code:
 alias camoff "chasecam 0; crosshair 1; alwaysmlook 1;"
 alias camon "chasecam 1; crosshair 0; alwaysmlook 0;"
 alias cheat "noclip; god;"
 bind 1 "skin sonic"
 bind 2 "skin tails"
 bind 3 "skin knuckles"
 bind 9 "changeteam red"
 bind 0 "changeteam blue"
 bind z camoff
 bind x camon
 bind c screenshot
 bind v cheat
Aliases can be quite complicated, and work just fine as long as you use the proper syntax. It's VERY picky, and if you forget a space or semicolon it doesn't work. Note that you HAVE to have the blank line at the end.

*looks at Mystic's AUTOEXEC*

Hehe, nice layout. I too bind "cheats" to the keyboard, here is an excerpt of my masterpiece, the NeoConfig5000 *shot*

Code:
speed "10"
bind "SCROLLLOCK" "god"
bind "NUMLOCK" "noclip"
bind "KEYPAD /" "devmode"
bind "*" "toggle objectplace"
bind "KEYPAD ." "cam_rotate 0"
bind "KEYPAD 9" "toggle snapto"
bind "KEYPAD 7" "toggle snapto -1"
bind "KEYPAD 3" "toggle objflags"
bind "KEYPAD 1" "toggle objflags -1"
bind "HOME" "toggle timeattacked"
bind "END" "toggle soniccd"
bind "PGUP" "toggle timetic"

There's more than that though :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back