The versions of the Sonic Robo Blast series. (Including SRB1)

Void Animates

Just a guy who loves... EVERYTHING!
This thread is about your favorite versions of SRB2! (You can even say SRB1!) Say which one is your favorite and why. This thread is also about the Lost SRB2 Version. SRB2 Christmas v0.90, If anyone can give me info on SRB2 Christmas v0.90 then please tell here. But anyways, My favorite version of SRB2 is 2.2, because I love the slopes and effort!

for me its both the SRB1 Remake by SnickWT (the same guy behind the Stop Santiago Meme) and Earless Team, and SRB2 2.2

Last edited:
This thread is about your favorite versions of SRB2! (You can even say SRB1!) Say which one is your favorite and why. This thread is also about the Lost SRB2 Version. SRB2 Christmas v0.90, If anyone can give me info on SRB2 Christmas v0.90 then please tell here. But anyways, My favorite version of SRB2 is 2.2, because I love the slopes and effort!
Regarding v0.90:
It was intentionally removed from public view, because, uh, you think 2.1.13 was broken? Try Christmas v0.92 but with the Halloween HUD and a loved one randomly presses Alt+F4.

Regarding v0.90:
It was intentionally removed from public view, because, uh, you think 2.1.13 was broken? Try Christmas v0.92 but with the Halloween HUD and a loved one randomly presses Alt+F4.
Wait 2.1.13 was broken? How?

The fans that joined the srb2 before the 2.1 era would probably greatly disagree with me, but I find 2.1 the best one. Of course 2.2 is cool, but I have played 2.2 longer so I find 2.1 more of an experience.

2.2. After playing it thoroughly, I find that I can't go back to the older versions without noticing just how jank the game used to be. Holy shit was 1.09.4 jank.

yea i prob should add some stuff
2.1 was the version i was introduced into and most of the time i say i started in 2019 but its actually during december 2018
i was a big piece of shit at the time but still was decent
main reason i love this version is just the charm it had and its still charming to see how the game actually is fun even for a 2014 build(i say 2014 cus its when 2.1 was out)
i even had a pretty small circle of friend but we would never play seriously (one of them is the reason i port forwarded early 2.2)
i mention them a lot but the fact i lost them after 2.2 was out did kinda hurt me because they were very important
i can also mention the fact i simply never beaten cyberdime because i wanted to do it with THE BOISSSSSSSSSSSSS but welp
now guess i prob should do it all by myself for obvious reasons
its also where i met some people that i still know in 2.2(including some people on S1 servers)
theres so much i could say about why i prefer it but its mostly the community
less toxic,noob friendly and they introduced me to this awesome game and i would like to mention how kind the 2.1 community was.
nowaday 2.2 has a lot of toxic people and people straight up not talking english.

2.2 is my favorite one. It's WAY better than the earlier versions: better graphics, mods, controls, music, stages, etc. I do like playing 2.1 sometimes, though.

2.2 is my favorite one. It's WAY better than the earlier versions: better graphics, mods, controls, music, stages, etc. I do like playing 2.1 sometimes, though.
so you enjoy quality over charm
ill remember that next time i see you in game

so you enjoy quality over charm
ill remember that next time i see you in game
... not sure how to feel about this.
1. Their opinion was not a direct counter to yours. They have a different opinion, big deal, not like them liking 2.2 actually hurts anyone. Hell, I prefer 2.2 just because it's actually moderately fun to play. For me, the earlier you go back, the less fun the versions get. 2.1 is still ok, but then once we hit 2.0 and earlier, it begins to regress to a point where you don't even have air control.
2. Why the "I'll remember that the next time I see you ingame" comment? Is that some sort of flat threat or a joke fallen flat?
3. Quality and charm aren't mutually exclusive. Quality just means the game is better. Charm can persist even in a game that is good. Now, your actual argument is "Does SRB2 still have a unique charm after 2.2?" That's for you to decide. But I don't know of many 3D Sonic fangames that use sprites like SRB2 does, do you?

(If that was a joke, my bad.)

Last edited:
... not sure how to feel about this.
1. Their opinion was not a direct counter to yours. They have a different opinion, big deal, not like them liking 2.2 actually hurts anyone. Hell, I prefer 2.2 just because it's actually moderately fun to play. For me, the earlier you go back, the less fun the versions get. 2.1 is still ok, but then once we hit 2.0 and earlier, it begins to regress to a point where you don't even have air control.
2. Why the "I'll remember that the next time I see you ingame" comment? Is that some sort of flat threat or a joke fallen flat?
3. Quality and charm aren't mutually exclusive. Quality just means the game is better. Charm can persist even in a game that is good. Now, your actual argument is "Does SRB2 still have a unique charm after 2.2?" That's for you to decide. But I don't know of many 3D Sonic fangames that use sprites like SRB2 does, do you?

(If that was a joke, my bad.)
it was a joke lol

Final Demo will always be special to me because it was the first version I played, but newer versions are still overall better.

I'd say 2.0 mainly because of nostalgia alone. I know that's not a great reason, especially when nostalgia kind of creates a bias, but to be honest, considering I've been around since June 2012 or earlier (meaning I was around for 2.0.6 being the latest at the time), it's sorta of weird thinking about how long people like myself have actually been playing SRB2.

I'd say 2.0 mainly because of nostalgia alone. I know that's not a great reason, especially when nostalgia kind of creates a bias, but to be honest, considering I've been around since June 2012 or earlier (meaning I was around for 2.0.6 being the latest at the time), it's sorta of weird thinking about how long people like myself have actually been playing SRB2.
HAHA YOUR OL...
wait... its already been almost 3 years i play srb2... shit

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back