The Switch OLED opinions

I think it’s definitely the 3DSXL of the Switch family. Not necessarily an important buy since it does everything the regular Switch does. However, since I am leaving for college soon, I may purchase one for myself and leave the old one at home for my family

If you never had a switch, it looks like a good choice.

However, from anyone else who already owns one? Not worth it i'd say.

Honestly, I don't even think it'd be worth it for people without a Switch. $50 is a lot of money, and if I saw there was a model 50 bucks cheaper with little to no worthwhile difference, I'd buy the cheaper one. Sure, not having a LAN port sucks, but I'm sure it'd cost less than $50 to get a USB-to-LAN adapter. The screen and audio differences I can live without, extra memory is something I can just get from an SD card (not that it matters anyways unless you install everything digitally), and the improved kickstand doesn't really matter because most people play it either in docked or handheld mode anyways. In my opinion, everything in the OLED model except the screen changes could've easily been in the base model and is certainly not worth $50. But that wouldn't be profitable for the Big N, now would it?

I used to own a switch, but the rage i had when playing Mario Galaxy broke the screen, and fully bricked it. I can't be able to fix it, but sucks to be a Switch. I now have a Switch lite from my first brother, and i clearly don't think it would be a good choice, since it really isn't that cheaper than a regular Switch.

Honestly, I don't even think it'd be worth it for people without a Switch. $50 is a lot of money, and if I saw there was a model 50 bucks cheaper with little to no worthwhile difference, I'd buy the cheaper one. Sure, not having a LAN port sucks, but I'm sure it'd cost less than $50 to get a USB-to-LAN adapter. The screen and audio differences I can live without, extra memory is something I can just get from an SD card (not that it matters anyways unless you install everything digitally), and the improved kickstand doesn't really matter because most people play it either in docked or handheld mode anyways. In my opinion, everything in the OLED model except the screen changes could've easily been in the base model and is certainly not worth $50. But that wouldn't be profitable for the Big N, now would it?
huh, $50 dollars for a stand that you can replace with a box
thanks for telling me, getting regular switch now

I haven’t looked too far into it, but they somehow didn’t show what actually sets it aside from the original Switch (like the inside bits that runs games better. Not sure what it’s called or what the are). Another thing to note that 50 dollars is a lot for some people. For some, that’s a whole month of work. For others, that’s barely a full day

Seems pretty pointless to me as a whole, even if it does admittedly have a few nice features. Only go for it if you don't already have a Switch.

It's not really anything too impressive. The OLED screen does make a difference, but its nothing groundbreaking. Everyone who already has a Switch probably has a LAN adapter if they wanted a wired connection, so while the built-in LAN port is amazing, it doesn't matter too much for people who already have a Switch with LAN adapters. The kickstand is cool and much-needed, but that probably won't be used much. Double the memory, but 64 GB doesn't really cut it without a microSD card still. And everything "new" this model has that I mentioned should have already been in the base model, I feel. It's also a shame there were no hardware or technical improvements, but I suppose the ongoing component shortage may have prevented that from happening. Save your money on this one. There'll probably be another Switch with hardware upgrades a year or two down the line. They'll have to come out with more eventually, because they aren't intending on letting those sales slow down any time soon, lmao

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Back