• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

The SRB2 1.09 Map that Never Was

Status
Not open for further replies.
This was a CTF map I did for SASRB2. It was basically my attempt at vaugely recreating Blood Gultch for SRB2.

SRB2067.jpg

I named it "Mystic Canyon" because it used SASRB2's Mystic Ruins textures. Anyway, with the status of SASRB2 up in the air, Mystic asked me, I believe, if he could put it in SRB2 because I think there was a lack of CTF maps at the time (it's been awhile). I believe before he asked, I posted about it here, not sure.

To anyone who's played Blood Gultch, the layout is immediately familiar. Two bases inside of a rocky canyon. Plenty of places for sniping and cover. Each base has a teleporter that teleports them into the middle of the map somewhere. To get the flag you must either go in from the front or climb up top and drop down from the inside.

Scale-wise, it's not as big as the real Blood Gultch because I was afraid of making it too big and breaking Software.

Anyway, a few weeks before 1.09, I noticed the map was actually in SRB2 - but, because for a lot of SASRB2's new textures, I chose to replace existing textures rather than add new ones, it used Mario's grey brick texture everywhere. Mystic asked me to fix the textures for him 'cause he had better things to do.

And I didn't (honestly, I completely spaced it out not 30 minutes after he asked me).

And now it's not in 1.09, because I'm lazy!

Haha, suckers! :D

Although I could maybe probably post the map up as a seperate download if I get permission from Mystic. Maybe he still wants me to fix those textures, right? :P

<Mystic> No, I'd rather you work on DSZ's textures ~_^

That place looks incredibly huge. I'd like to see anyone play that without screwing their framerate up.

JJames19119 said:
That place looks incredibly huge. I'd like to see anyone play that without screwing their framerate up.

It's not that big. You can cross the whole map, from base to base, in less than 10 seconds with Sonic. And that's not even thokking. I wish it was bigger. Blood Gultch was huge. It's Halo 2 counterpart, Coagulation, is even bigger. My map is tiny. I've been thinking of ways to try and remake it to be bigger.

Omega the Hedgehog said:
The wall to the left looks almost like a slope.
I agree. However, the screenshot was taken from OpenGL mode... And what is the mode that accept slopes? OpenGL :P

Wow, I hope it comes out soon or is added to SRB2 soon, SRB2 only has like 5 CTF maps if I remember correctly. and a map that huge would totally rock. Also, now that CTF makes you lose your characters special abilties upon picking up the flag, it will make it much more exciting just t try and get across. Heck, it may even require teamwork as in people shooting rings across to make sure you get through to safety. It would be funnier if you had like vehicles like The Tornado and flew across to the other team's base. ^_^

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back