• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

The Ramp Project *update as of 7/5/06*

Status
Not open for further replies.
D3D and OGL are bothe hardware...

If you could get more than one slope in a map and get it to work in software..Then you would be my god.

Are you sure you posted the right version? I can't even get OFF the slope, let alone fly off it from spindashing. O_o;

Shuffle said:
Are you sure you posted the right version? I can't even get OFF the slope, let alone fly off it from spindashing. O_o;

?!?! Are you talking about the one connected to the upper flat surface, or the second one all on its own? The upper flat surface I hadn't corrected yet; I fixed it in my own code since then but caused other problems in the process. You should be able to do it with the second slope, but it heads straight for a wall because the level is so small. Try doing a quick spindash at an angle towards the second one, that's where I got the best results. Hopefully in the next couple of days (maybe tomorrow, but no promises) I can post more updates; I'm now trying to fix the slope for Tails and Knuckles now that Sonic's version is very nearly completed. After I fix the bugs, then I can work on the rendering, and go on to different slopes, different orientations, ... the list goes on. Hold tight now!

so....do you think SSN will incorporate this fix into SRB2 as well? also if you ever get this into software mode, you are serious win.

I would doubt it.
SSN hates OGL as it is.
He won't even write in MD2 models... :roll:
But anyways, depending on what you edited, it SHOULD be compatible with 1.09.3.9, if you can wrestle the code from SSN/Alam/Logan.

I'm working on it! I think it would be too much to work with lots of brand new code every time there's an update, so all I'm going to do is fix the MD5's for the updates to run. Expect a couple more days; I've set myself to getting software to render the slopes before I do another update. What I want to do is, have the render code display multiple sectors on a slope sector, with the result being something that looks similar to the now-famous stairway-to-springs-before-starpost-and-spikes area in GFZ2. Unfortunately, I can't seem to find a basic representation of a sector in the rendering code, so I'm having trouble. Hey, I posted the source code; just go into that and edit the MD5 lines with the new values, just like what was discussed a couple of pages ago here. You should be able to make a working EXE with that.

I just might be so inclined to put my SRB2 under CVS control, so that if I need to downgrade to, say, 1.08 or something, I could just do a CVS Checkout and have it instantly be fixed without having to root around srb2.org's history section...

BUMP: where in the world did this place go? O_O no updates? a whole month?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back