the possibility of a master server for older srb2 versions?

mr_someone

"shut up you hot topic sonic ripoff!"
what could maybe be the possibility of having a masterserver for older srb2 versions?
more specifically for this case, things like srb2 2.1 and 2.0 and maybe 1.09.4

if anyone wanted to do it, could it be done in general?

what could maybe be the possibility of having a masterserver for older srb2 versions?

I miss the times when 2.1 was online. It was authentic...not that the 2.1 mods(for 2.2) here aren't.
I probably wouldn't see the Final Demo being included if this did happen, I feel like it's a little too incomplete...but I guess it depends on what the mods were like in that version.

3rd-party Master Servers did exist at one point, and there's really no reason an alternate master server can't be made for those versions.
Apparently, there's already a tool out there for creating your own master servers (at least, that's the impression it's giving me); see
Moderator Notice:
Snip -- links to websites containing mods edited without the original authors' permission are not allowed. Besides, the Master Server code was completely redone for v2.2.0, so any existing methods of creating a v2.2-compatible Master Server won't work for v2.1 and older.

Last edited by a moderator:

Actually! There's a way to host old versions, you just can't advertise them on the MS. I've actually been hosting one for the last several hours, as of typing this!
You...might have to tell people your IP though.

Actually! There's a way to host old versions, you just can't advertise them on the MS. I've actually been hosting one for the last several hours, as of typing this!
You...might have to tell people your IP though.
It's on one that server I tryed joined?

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back