The Pandora topic, and porting SRB2 to it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rather than GL, using 400x240 software might be more realistic... yeah, you laugh at me now... just wait until you try doing floating point on an ARM cpu.

LoganA said:
Well, I preordered a Pandora, via paypal, but now, they had to refund all the order that were done via paypal, damn!

Same, LoganA. I just got my money back so I will have to see if I can borrow a CC or maybe do a bank transfer if possible or something. I assume you can get an alternate method somehow.

@ AJ.

http://pandorawiki.org/Hardware_documentation <-- I believe the NEON instructions maybe have something to do with floating point stuff. Maybe not.

Could we emulate a x86 CPU to get float point? *plz to insert 'shot' here*
I won't argue, software rendering is just fine with me. :) There's wouldn't be enough power there to emulate an x86 and handle OpenGL rendering at 60 FPS, if that were possible on a ARM CPU anyway, I think?

mikesword221 said:
Now it's on my X-mas list. It sounds like a blast.

I know this is a late reply, but LOL.

They already said for the second batch, they won't be out until March, 2009. If you haven't pre-ordered by now (which should have been done a few days ago), you are outta luck. Enjoy the long wait if that is the case.

SRB2WikiSonicMaster said:
I've also heard that the PSP starts getting glitchy pixels if it's paused too long. It shouldn't be hard to port PrettySRB2 and v1.09.4's OpenGL, right?

that's another question i was gonna ask...

which puzzles me, will md2s work?

Speedylizzard14 said:
SRB2WikiSonicMaster said:
I've also heard that the PSP starts getting glitchy pixels if it's paused too long. It shouldn't be hard to port PrettySRB2 and v1.09.4's OpenGL, right?

that's another question i was gonna ask...

which puzzles me, will md2s work?
They should work fine along with adding wads as long as someone can be bothered porting it all over.

SSNTails said:
Rather than GL, using 400x240 software might be more realistic... yeah, you laugh at me now... just wait until you try doing floating point on an ARM cpu.

Uhh, that's why there's dedicated graphics processing (Gamecube-level visuals). I mean, really, did you even bother looking at the hardware specs?

Oh, and Intel Atom is only marginally faster than ARM, and it has a huge power draw. ARM is really the way to go.

Re: Srb2 DSi

darklink1996 said:
Hey guys what about a DSi port.
The DSi is just a stripped down DSLite with a built-in camera, it is no less incapable of running SRB2 than an original 'phat' DS.

It probably doesn't have any more cpu power, but the dsi probably has more ram because it has a built in web browser.

1-Up said:
It probably doesn't have any more cpu power, but the dsi probably has more ram because it has a built in web browser.
If i recall correctly, the phat and lite ds have 4MB ram, and with the gba ram pack, its about 8MB.
(the ram pack was for the ds web browser)
Not even remotely close to what SRB2 needs.

The Pandora shouldn't need to emulate the DS or anything else running on the ARM architecture at all, it would run natively, all it needs is a compatibility layer, sorta like Wine on Linux. =P

So yeah, hopefully that thing hits the stores, because I definitely want one.

You will be able to buy it from online stores. I highly doubt you will see this in a store that you can walk to or drive to. Stores wouldn't carry stuff like this.

Possibly. Also, this is a really small company so they won't be able to make many of them anyways. As it is, the next batch won't be out until March 2009. Why? I don't know. They have their reasons though. I just can't recall what they are. Plus, this product is aimed at the homebrew scene, not commercial gaming. I know most of the homebrew on there won't apply to me, but since the Pandora is way better than a GP2X which was made by a Korean company who was on to something, but made too many stupid mistakes, My Pandora will be used on more than just games like watching movies, internet access, IRC access, etc... The possibilities at what you can do with this is endless. No other UMPC will come close to what this thing can do.

I don't have it yet. And who reads profile information anyways? It is just like signatures since the original intent of them is long gone.

God, I want one of these things so bad. But so much stands in my way. Ah well...

I need a friggin' job...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back