The Newest Sonic Game is the Best One in Years

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bigboi

Seriously. I don't get all of the criticism. It has gameplay as close to the classic Genesis games as I've ever seen.

Well, maybe that's because it is the classic Genesis games. Does anyone else have Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection? It's good stuff. None of the lock-on Sonic games, but still good fun nonetheless.

Also, it has Decap Attack. That alone is worth 30 bucks.

Storyline? The only Sonic game that has a storyline is Sonic 3 and Sonic Knuckles, which don't exactly count as a story. The other ones are an excuse for an intro, or found in the manual.

I actually don't have it. One, it doesn't have the Sonic 3 & Knuckles lock-on game. I don't like playing only one of them. And Two, you can just download those games nowadays.

Bigboi said:
Does anyone else have Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection?
Yes. I'm particularly interested in the fact that it has all four Phantasy Star games, but everything else is good too.

Although I was really turned off by Decap Attack.

As "close" as it is to the classic Genesis games, it really isn't the best game from sega or let alone the best game period. What would of been more accurate was saying it was a decent enough game for sega's comeback. But from what I played, it was like watching a movie made by 4Kids, while the gameplay was just yourself forcefully playing in a poorly manufactured amusement park while forcefully gathering medals to get on the next ride.

The werehog levels could of turned it down on the fights and not have a Mid-boss at almost every level. The platforming was good and well executed though. Sonic on the other hand, was like driving a car with horrible brakes (and a particaly usless drift). Just the slightest mistake will leave you bashing your head on your consule or the control. But the stages were fun at least, though too short sadly.

TrueTenguMan said:
Edit: oh that *rolls eyes*

No but Im looking forward to getting it. I prefer the sonic mega collection.
I agree with this, Sonic Mega collections was great, Sonic gems was average (I only wanted to play 3 of the games on there), So this I am not geting my hopes up for.

I laugh at SEGA's marketing department.

"LET'S APPLY A 2xSAI FILTER AND CALL IT HD GRAPHXX TO SELL $$$!"

Spazzo said:
I laugh at SEGA's marketing department.

"LET'S APPLY A 2xSAI FILTER AND CALL IT HD GRAPHXX TO SELL $$$!"
I know! Compare Sonic 2 Live with the sonic 2 HD project, there is a big difference. The one on XBLA looks like they just made the sprites bigger.

You can do the filtering effect with a Gens emulator by enabling a single option. It's just SEGA being lazy and sugar-coating their list of game features.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back