The New SRB2FFH!

Status
Not open for further replies.

JJames19119

Why did they remove Grey
Recent Announcement said:
Anyways, if you haven't looked on the front page of SS.com, the entire site is changing servers and a hosting plan, so this site might be down anywhere between a couple hours to a couple days anywhere between March 2nd and March 9th. Please keep that in mind and try not to flood the SRB2MB topic with pointless posts about how you can't access the FFH or your files. :)

Yes I've upgraded the SRB2FFH again. But this time it's different, it's not the same old file host anymore.

The whole thing has been totally revamped. I hated the bugginess of the old FFH and I decided it was time for something new, something better, more advanced, more intuitive and most of all, more usable. I've upgraded it so far past the old file hosting system that I now actually call it the FFH2. (You can call the previous update 1.5. =P) It is definitely a lot more advanced than any old flat file host now.

The new features? Of course.

• A new registration system allows you to control how you work the file host. Personal settings, private messaging, folder management, rename/move/delete files, and have an entire piece of webspace for you to use with all your wad and soc files. This will also make it easier to stop rouges from abusing the file hosting system by making it easier to find and ban accounts/files.
  • Always know where your files are, your folder is personal and your files are never automatically renamed unless you tell it to. Time limits? Not with the new file host. All of your files will always come quickly and easily and it doesn't matter how any times you upload or download, as long as you never exceed the large 5GB bandwidth you're given with all your files. Also, why stop there? You have the option of utilizing unlimited folders and disk space. All for free. (Take that Freewebs!)
  • Take the whole archival thing the previous FFH had and take it to a whole new level. When you decide to browse the user list, you have the option of browsing that particular user's files that they've uploaded. If the user is anal about their folders they might even have it all organized by wad type, file size, date created or whatever. Or you could just sort it yourself. =P The best part about this is that, if you're a user, you get to choose which folders are viewable like this, or you can make them totally private, so that the only way to access the files inside is by using a direct link to them. Who needs password protection?
  • SRBFFH2: The new Photobucket? Maybe not but you can upload screenshots and images and hotlink them straight to any forum, IM client or anything. We'll even do all the hard work for you by generating thumbnails and IMG tags for use on BBCode enabled systems. But wait, you can even generate HTML IMG tags, anchor links, and so much more. Hell, we'll even throw in the added option of having your zip files automatically extracted and everything the moment they're uploaded. Want to upload a whole collection of wads into a certain folder? Just zip them up and upload them to one using the "Extract Zip Files" option. Or you can just use the handy batch uploader if you can't be arsed. :)

As you can see, I've made sure this version of the FFH is the absolute best this time and is totally flawless*. I hope you all enjoy what this new FFH has in store. Please put any comments, complaints, bugs, flames and such here about it. The address for it is still:

http://www.nuvoletta.net/sss/srb2ffh/

However, if you're trying to reach it from a lower level, you'll have to use these addresses:

None at the moment.

The old SRB2FFH can be found here, since none of the files there are being transferred to this new one:

GONE

You can also use these for the old FFH:

GONE

I strongly suggest using the new FFH as it has far less bugs but if you want a very simplistic file hoster without having to register, then go ahead and continue using it. but be warned, I don't exactly support it anymore so if something goes wrong, you're on your own.

I think that's basically it. I really do hope this turns out for the better, took a while to implement some stuff in this thing, especially with my busy schedual. Ciao!

* This meaning that of course, it isn't. =P One known bug is that you cannot make the Main Folder public without first creating another folder inside it. Don't ask why...

EDIT: If you absolutely hate using the FFH, then at least stop using Sendspace, it's a total piece of a crap. A good alternative would have to be this: http://www.flatfilehost.com/

FIRST POST!
JJames19119 said:
I strongly suggest using the new FFH as it has far less bugs bug if you want a very simplistic file hoster without having to register, then go ahead and continue using it.

Anyways, that's great news JJ. Say good bye to unwanted password protection.

EDIT: Another Typo:
SRB2FFH2 Login said:
Error! The following errors were found

* That user does not exists.

The text is so huge on the site!
and the Login doesnt work... I tried logging in at least 5 times now...

But it looks good.

This is what I get for not testing the site in IE. :D

I must've forgotten a tag or two. The site works fine in Firefox...and the login works fine for me. You DID check your email for an activation link did you not?

Time to get to work on why the text is so huge in IE. This is why you use Firefox people...

EDIT: Fixed. Stupid me tried to close a span tag with a font tag. :D I must've been too excited.

EDIT2: Oh, and remember, passwords AND usernames are CASE SENSITIVE, remember that. The next feature I plan on implementing is having each file have it's own page where you can comment on it and such, and give users the ability to have avatars, sorta making the place a secondary releases forum for this MB. I don't know when that'll happen as I'm no whiz with PHP quite yet but we'll see.

This is nice and all, but it seems that email verification is borked with boardermail. Ah well, guess that's what I get for using an obscure third-party email service.

Draykon said:
This is nice and all, but it seems that email verification is borked with boardermail. Ah well, guess that's what I get for using an obscure third-party email service.

That's alright, admins can verify accounts on their own without need of email verification. =P You're activated now.

What is the file size limit again? I'm having problems uploading chaosblastshadow.zip (13.3MB). But then again I had the same prolems with sendspace.

Currently, it's 10 MB I think but that's mainly cause I never bothered changing it after the initial testing phases.

Here's the deal; the more popular this place is, the higher bandwidth and file sizes you get. ALL of you. That's how it was with the previous FFH.

Also, people who do special things for it can look forward to personal increases to both for their account only. I love having power. :D *shot*

Can you PM me my registration code? It tells me it sent me a message, but I don't use instant messanging.

Chaos said:
Can you PM me my registration code? It tells me it sent me a message, but I don't use instant messanging.

Excuse me? It sent you a message to your email address, not your instant messenger.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back