The Mother/Earthbound Series?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snowyfox

Hee-Hawk! That's a Giradonk
Does anyone like it? I liked all games so far. that Even my new name on netgames is Ninten (yay)
I love the music in Earthbound.
Mother 3's music was cool too
but Mother 3's best :/ I'm stuck on the Bass guy

I liked it, It was a fun RPG that kept me playing it until it was over.
Oh, and I noticed how all 3 games has something in common with bosses.
The last or second to last boss uses inexplicable attacks!

Earthbound was fun, if a little stiff and archaic when I first got around to playing it about a year ago. The finale against Giygas was awesome though.

Mother 3 though... wow. What an experience. I love that game to pieces. The plot is infinitely more refined than its predecessor, the characters are more unique and likable, and the beat-based battle system is intuitive and interactive. The game is near-perfect.

Haven't got around to playing Mother 1/Earthbound 0 yet. Not too interested in that one- I heard it gets really difficult.

Mother: Bleh. I didn't like this game. The menus sucked ass, and it got really really really really hard about halfway into the game. Fumbling through the menus + getting raped by a strong enemy = FFFFFFUUUUUUUUU. Only good thing about it was the music. The music was really good, especially Pollyanna.

Mother2: I liked it more than Mother, because;
A. It was challenging, but not FFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU worthy.
B. It had some really good music, both new tunes and some from Mother.
C. Rolling health counter = lifesaver.
The menus still suck ass.

Mother3: Yes. I love this game. The music is some of the best I've ever heard, the gameplay got a huge upgrade (lol, 16 hit combos,) and the menus are a lot easier to navigate. The story is the best thing about the game. I love the story. It's both funny and sad. It's a lot more serious than Mother2. I still get teary eyed every time I hear this at the end:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P-EKQp4Hedk&feature=related
It's a shame this game never came to the U.S., but at least we had some pretty cool guys who translated it.

I played that translation about a month ago, thank god for IPSwin.

This was, no argument, the best story in a video game ever. Period. Fire Emblem comes nowhere close even with the in-depth characters.

It wasn't like I played a game though (imo battle system sucked), but rather I was reading a classic novel. And the ending. . .(had to realize I was fighting time, not my brother when I kept getting killed by him -.-). How Lucas must have felt, thinking if he didn't have the Franklin Badge on when Clause did that final thunder attack. . . I don't know how I managed to get past the ending to pull the last key, so damn sad.

Earthbound was fun, if a little stiff and archaic when I first got around to playing it about a year ago. The finale against Giygas was awesome though.

Mother 3 though... wow. What an experience. I love that game to pieces. The plot is infinitely more refined than its predecessor, the characters are more unique and likable, and the beat-based battle system is intuitive and interactive. The game is near-perfect.

Haven't got around to playing Mother 1/Earthbound 0 yet. Not too interested in that one- I heard it gets really difficult.
Hey! I'm using the font in the intro! THE WAR AGAINST GIYGAS :P
But still... I can't beat that dang Bass

I really want to play EB/M2 or M3 but..... It's so dang hard to get EB nowadays. LEGALLY anyway. Can anyone tell me if it would be worth it to go through the trouble of finding it for cheap, getting money to buy it, and then buy a SNES?
I can't figure out how to play M3 on my DS with the English patch...

I really dug Earthbound. The rolling health meter was a pretty clever way of bridging turn-based and real time gameplay. I played about three, four chapters of M3 then stopped; after the evil bass guitar, I believe. Dunno. It just wasn't the same.

Honestly I stopped at the exact point you were. Earthbound is the best game ever.
I am currently at Tenda Village trying to get to Electro Specter (Right?)
and there is 1 reason to go to Japan.
MINI MR.SATURN PLUSHIES!!!!!!

Yeah, the Earthbound series were fun, but the problem that it had back then is that it was not very popular in the US.

Well, of course. We only got one game, which was in the middle of the series. I'm pretty sure most Americans were interested in platformers around that time.

Actually, I think it was due to the fact that EarthBound looked Primitive against the other RPGs around that time. (Chrono Trigger is one of the guilty ones)

Anyway, for one thing, call me crazy, but I really like Mother 1. Mainly because I played it first. I felt it had a lot more potential than what it already is, and did the Ocarina of Hope inspire the Ocarina of Time?

Dang you Nintendo!
Why won't you bring Mother 3 to the US?!
AGH! To legally play it in English...
1. Find it
2. Import it
3. Find a GBA flash cart and reader
4. Buy it
5. Dump ROM of cart
6. Apply English patch
7. Put onto Flash Cart
8. Hope it works correctly
Gee, doesn't that sound like a lot of work for one game to you?!

Dang you Nintendo!
Why won't you bring Mother 3 to the US?!
AGH! To legally play it in English...
1. Find it
2. Import it
3. Find a GBA flash cart and reader
4. Buy it
5. Dump ROM of cart
6. Apply English patch
7. Put onto Flash Cart
8. Hope it works correctly
Gee, doesn't that sound like a lot of work for one game to you?!

Yeah, that's why most people stick with the giant, glaring alternative.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back