The Legend Of Zelda (Movie) Trailer~

Status
Not open for further replies.
Heh, When it got linked to on #srb2fun earlier, people loved it. I agree with them. This was very well done. I would love to see it once it gets released.

HOLY SHIT RICK ASTLEY IS IN IT.

Wait. This isn't a rickroll? What the hell?

Also. I was wondering why it looked so cheap, like a movie made today using technology from the 90s, until I saw the release date. Then I realized this was a fake. Not only is "Coming Soon: April 1st 2009" definitely an April Fools Joke, but why would a not-teaser trailer be released for a movie this far before the release date?

It was pretty cool though. I was actually fooled.

OMG............I wanna see it. But just as you said ash,they chosed the wrong actor as Link. This movie is like the dream that i always wanted to become true, i hope it will be good

I'll Begin guessed it. It really is an April Fool's joke.

http://movies.ign.com/articles/863/863492p1.html
Code:
[EDITOR'S NOTE: April 2, 2008 - 12:01 a.m. PST. Yup, you guessed it. The Legend of Zelda trailer featured above is part of an elaborate April Fool's Day prank. Check back in later today for more details on the IGN/Rainfall Films collaboration that resulted in this "love it or hate it" piece of videogame movie history.]

Ganondorf just didn't look human. It's not like it's too hard to make with makeup. It was mostly a green screen. And both the trailer and the movie release date was on April 1st, so it was kinda obvious.

My friend pointed this all out, though.

It's too bad, really. Nintendo could actually make such a movie and be praised as usual. It'd be funny if they end up making it, though. Also, I agree with Ash. I hate the guy who plays Link. He's too stupid-looking.

Wow. I've got Ocarina of time. Probably because I have a N64 Emulator. Project64 it's called. My favorites on the N64 are SSB (Super Smash Bros) and The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of time. There's also The Legend of Zelda: The Major's Mask.

Aled The Hedgehog said:
Wow. I've got Ocarina of time. Probably because I have a N64 Emulator. Project64 it's called. My favorites on the N64 are SSB (Super Smash Bros) and The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of time. There's also The Legend of Zelda: The Major's Mask.

I thought they were on about a Movie, not a game!

Heh, I was waiting for this to turn up, and there were some other indications other than the April 1, 2009 release date that gave it away. Firstly they mentioned both Star Wars and Lord of the Rings in the article, they said you wouldn't recognize any actors from anywhere, and the fact it opened with a "IGN.com presents world exclusive" bit and ended with IGN logo in the credits.

Actually when I first saw the article I refused to look at the trailer because I expected a rick-roll. It was a very well done trailer though, and even though its obviously a prank, I quite enjoyed it. I wish they would have thrown some Gorons or Zoras in there...

Though regarding the way some of the characters looked, Link did look stupid, but I'd expect that in a movie. And Gannondorf does indeed look awfully fake. Impa and Rauros (thats his name right?) looked awesome for real life versions, and I believe I noticed Malon in there (wouldn't have guessed without the horse though).

EDIT: Just remembered the "world exclusive" bit... =P

ths ISNT an april fools, you just have to go read and i mean,this just cant be a joke. WHY would someone do a joke of 50 000$ ?? Maybe he just retarded but no,go read, he said it...its not a joke

If its really a joke,well he must be really retarded

it seemed to be based on both Twilight Princess and Ocarina of Time and a bit more weird story added on.

If you pay attention, you'll see the following:
TWILIGHT PRINCESS
1.) THe Temple of Time Boos Ghoma with the giant eye on it's back.
2.) The monster Link jumps onto near the end, it's the 1st boss of Twilight Princess.
3.) The Guerudo Desert (with many many peahats).
4.) In the beginning, Link is supposed to go to Castle Town to do something. Same as in the movie.

OCARINA OF TIME
1.) THe Temple of Time 7 year time thingy that Zelda talks about.
2.) Queen Ghoma appears in the trailer RIGHT AFTER the large eye Ghoma.
3.) Impa (Zelda's guard)

there are things I dont get though...
1.) who is the man who says "I welcome the Hero of Time."?
2.) when it says "COURAGE", it looks like Lakebed Temple or the Water Temple comes up. It looks more like that rocky water room from Twilight Princess. What do you guys think?
3.) why does Ganondorf have so much freakin' hair? o.O

NOTE: yes I do know this is an April Fool's joke by IGN.

Final Epsilon said:
1.) THe Temple of Time Boos Ghoma with the giant eye on it's back.
2.) The monster Link jumps onto near the end, it's the 1st boss of Twilight Princess.
3.) The Guerudo Desert (with many many peahats).
4.) In the beginning, Link is supposed to go to Castle Town to do something. Same as in the movie.

I haven't played Twilight Princess yet but...

1) They both look like the same monster, but didn't the Queen Gohma have a huge eye on her back too?
2) That looks like the King Dodongo, who Young Link fought in Ocarina of Time to restore the "special crop" to the Gorons.
3) I recognized those enemies after watching it again, but it looks a little dry to be Hyrule Field
4) Except I think this guy is Talon... He was helping Malon with Epona and we all know Epona doesn't like Ingo. The Kokiri still seem to be mentioned in Zelda's dialogue, unless she means Talon and Malon are part of a secret race. >_>

Final Epsilon said:
1.) who is the man who says "I welcome the Hero of Time."?
2.) when it says "COURAGE", it looks like Lakebed Temple or the Water Temple comes up. It looks more like that rocky water room from Twilight Princess. What do you guys think?
3.) why does Ganondorf have so much freakin' hair? o.O

1) That man is Rauros, the sage of light who welcomes Link when he reawakens as the Hero of Time
2) That is Zora's Domain, you can see the reflection of the water in the walls and it looks like a cave... The lights make it look like it was inhabited...
3) You know I'm sure that guy played Bowser in a recent Mario game or something, or... maybe not... but there is definitely a resemblance

knucky said:
ths ISNT an april fools, you just have to go read and i mean,this just cant be a joke. WHY would someone do a joke of 50 000$ ?? Maybe he just retarded but no,go read, he said it...its not a joke

I'll take your advice and read the article... Its production has been kept largely secret and there are no stars in the cast... oh and an interesting bit at the bottom...

[EDITOR'S NOTE: April 2, 2008 - 12:01 a.m. PST. Yup, you guessed it. The Legend of Zelda trailer featured above is part of an elaborate April Fool's Day prank. Check back in later today for more details on the IGN/Rainfall Films collaboration that resulted in this "love it or hate it" piece of videogame movie history.]

I actually can't wait to see how they worked on this...

As I said before, I love the depiction of Rauros and Impa, they fit so well... Zelda's dialogue confuses me though, part of it seems to be in the courtyard and part of it seems to be in the Temple of Time...

So Link starts older and goes back in time so he could stop Hyrule from falling or something?

This can't be a fake
A few years back I remember a poll on nintendo.com
it asked of we wanted a movie, cartoon, and so on(I don't remember the other 2)
most of the people voted movie
I don't think this is a fake

What, so your theory is that at some point in the future, IGN will say: "Y'know that April Fools joke?" That was real. Please don't kill us, our office guard is on break.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back