The Dark world

Status
Not open for further replies.

hms

Hey guys I read on the srb2 wiki that on srb2jte theres something called the Dark world but really I couldn't understand a single thing that that entry in the srb2 wiki said so could you guys tell me what there is to know about the Dark world?

When a map is built correctly around the Darkworld system, it becames pretty much the same as the Metroid Prime 2 Darkworld system.

I think it was more based around Zelda: A Link to the Past's darkworld system, actually. I could be wrong, though..

Well, whichever it was, it worked pretty much like Metroid Prime 2, what with the whole "Ghost in the other world" thing. Not sure if it did that in LttP

It's when you hit a switch, and then the level changes like water is lava and more enemies, different music, different skies, and different themes.

Makes it more "dark."

Does any of that stuff happen in SRB2? I thought you just left a ghost on the other side of the level.

Yeah, all the darkworld code itself does is create a ghost on the opposite end. It's up to the level designer to create the actual Dark World.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back