• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

The Black project

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flame

WR 102
Alright, the title of this topic may sound weird but its for a good reason.

I would like to say that I have just started a project to bring the color black back into Srb2.

After tinkering around in Neopaint for a while, I noticed a "Remove red Eye tool" that I could use to remake the black color in Srb2
Examples:

playa2a8kq8.png

^Normal Flame Sprite^

http://img292.imageshack.us/img292/8133/blackflameaz2.png
^Sprite of flame with the red eye tool^ (Enlarged)
*IMAGE TAGS REMOVED BECAUSE OF SIZE*

http://img115.imageshack.us/img115/8691/blacksonicwe1.png
^Sprite of Sonic recolored to be red, and then having the red eye tool used on him^ (Enlarged)
*IMAGE TAGS REMOVED BECAUSE OF SIZE*

So... Questions? I'll hopefully try and get a few sprites done each day.

Good luck with that!

Though honestly, your'e going to have to do that to all the textures and flats too.

BlueZero4 said:
Though honestly, your'e going to have to do that to all the textures and flats too.

No, I am not doing textures and flats. This is for the player only, because black was replaced with gold.

Why not make a SOC/WAD that turns the palette for gold into black colours? Might make it slightly easier than actually modifying the sprites.

This is coming from someone who can't SOC at all. Really, I have NO idea what is and isn't possible with SOCcing.

Umm, correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe the color black was never actually removed from SRB2's pallete, just from the color select menu for playing netgames. If the color black had been removed from the pallete, you wouldn't be able to have flats like PIT, or any other flat or texture that uses the color black.

FuriousFox said:
Umm, correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe the color black was never actually removed from SRB2's pallete, just from the color select menu for playing netgames.

Yes, that's right, which is why I'm working on this, but at a slow pace because I have 3+ other projects I have to work on

Also, I'm not good with palette editing, so I'm not doing palettes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back