The biggest size graphic

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheDoctor

Whats the biggest canvas size that SRB2 CB can handle? I'm making new sprites that overrite Brak Eggman's sprites, but this boss needs to be a tad bit bigger. Anyone know?

Are you talking about a sprite or a texture size? Because it says graphic's in the title.

Try this topic it might help you:
http://mb.srb2.org/showthread.php?t=21818
Also this topic is for the player sprite size, not sure if it's the same as Brak Eggman object. They should be the same since there both sprites.

You just need to mess around with the sprite size for a little.
Srb2 2.1 might fix the sprite crash soon.

Last edited:
Are you talking about a sprite or a texture size? Because it says graphic's in the title.

Try this topic it might help you:
http://mb.srb2.org/showthread.php?t=21818
Also this topic is for the player sprite size, not sure if it's the same as Brak Eggman object. They should be the same since there both sprites.

You just need to mess around with the sprite size for a little.
Srb2 2.1 might fix the sprite crash soon.

That topic did help, thanks. And it was a sprite, yes. I managed to get it a bit bigger, but not the size I was looking for. But I guess it will do until 2.1.

I don't know about width - that's probably something obscene like 16384 - but height is limited to 255 pixels for the time being. 2.1 adopts a standard format for patches taller than 255 that other Doom source ports set up, so that limit is raised to another fairly obscene and obscure limit (although really large patches are very big in file size - an 8192x8192 patch is 1MB, for instance - so I wouldn't advocate going too crazy with 'em).

I don't know about width - that's probably something obscene like 16384 - but height is limited to 255 pixels for the time being. 2.1 adopts a standard format for patches taller than 255 that other Doom source ports set up, so that limit is raised to another fairly obscene and obscure limit (although really large patches are very big in file size - an 8192x8192 patch is 1MB, for instance - so I wouldn't advocate going too crazy with 'em).

Thanks, this was even more helpful. I guess I'd better wait for 2.1 then, or I can find a way to make the sprite look better.

Isn't there some way to execute scaling on only certain objects?

I doubt it never heard anything like that but the only thing I know is "highres" for character wads. But that's not for brak eggman object...

You can just try to shink the sprites you made but it might look funny but that might be the only way untill 2.1.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back