The Armageddon Shield Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Violo

Resisting Pony Avatar
This is just a question, no glitches, just a question in development. because the Armageddon Shield is grey and on the monitor it's, grey, why's the aura in OpenGL purple? Did the shield used to be purple or something?

Well, it could easily be an error, but I doubt it. But Kopper's right, though. It's a lot better than a grey glowing area.

You can't really see a grey aura. That's why it's a purple aura. The shield was never purple.

The armageddon shield is dark red in ME, and since OpenGL isn't functional, there isn't an aura colour to deal with.

Spazzo said:
The armageddon shield is dark red in ME, blah blah blah
Booooo. Booooo!

Seriously though, I'd rather it stay Grey/black. Even if it means someone has to make new sprites for it so that it is no longer dependent on the available swap colors.
...although I suppose I could just make a wad for that. But it would be confusing for new players who joined in a game with it.

Anyways, the purple aura never really confused me, and I always thought it looked nice.

OPEN GL NOT SUPPORTED KTHXBIE :).

Seriously, though I rather have purple armagedon then dark red shield, but I guess it is better for visibility or something.

Black is generally symbolic for power, so I personally think the shield should stay black. Dark red doesn't make a whole lot of sense, and I don't have trouble seeing a guy in a black shield, so I don't see where visibility comes in.

Blue Warrior said:
Black is generally symbolic for power, so I personally think the shield should stay black. Dark red doesn't make a whole lot of sense, and I don't have trouble seeing a guy in a black shield, so I don't see where visibility comes in.

Since when has black been a symbol for power? I've always thought more of red being associated with power.

fawfulfan said:
Blue Warrior said:

Since when has black been a symbol for power? I've always thought more of red being associated with power.
That's why dark red will be chosen. It's a mix of both colors =P

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back