• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Thanos Mode (or whatever)

Status
Not open for further replies.

PHCC

Too fast for you to see me.
hqdefault.jpg

Introduction

Dr. Eggman came back so many times that the Sonic team got tired of dealing with him and decided that, if evil should exist, then it must be balanced. Now they want to wipe half of Dr. Robotnik's creations out of existence in order to maintain that balance!

The rules are simple: kill at least half of the badniks in the stage before proceeding! To help you out on further acts, if you collect all 7 chaos emeralds you'll be able to "snap your fingers" and immediately turn into dust half of the badniks... at a certain cost:

• 200 rings...
  • ... or 1 life for each 100 rings that you didn't acquire to feed the power of chaos
Now to what matters

First, a disclaimer: this was a just random idea that I had and it's uncertain whether I'll keep working on it or not. Just setting the expectations here.

Currently, it's impossible to finish the main campaign with this mode due to the fact that enemies are present in alternate routes that you can't take after a certain point (e.g. DSZ1 has around 240 enemies scattered around multiple routes and ERZ is also a problem). So to make it easier, I thought that maybe I could build up on that "infinity gems" idea and give the player a little power-up for each chaos emerald he acquire (probably matching -- on some aspect -- the powers from the infinity stones from the MCU).

These powers would be applicable for any skin, since they come from the emeralds and not from the player abilities. I'll try to sort them out in such a way that each one will be actually useful to help you on the daunting task of killing half of the enemies in the stage. Things like allowing you to move around more easily so you can take alternate routes and catch more badniks, or making platforming less frustrating (because you should focus more on killing badniks now) etc.

As of now, the current abilities are implemented:

Rewinding: In possession of the first emerald, you'll be able to rewind your actions at the cost of 1 ring/second. Plus, you can only rewind 10 seconds back in time.

srb20006.gif

Energy orb: you'll summon an energy orb that will follow you for twelve seconds, obliterating all the enemies around you.

srb20030.gif

Teleporting: When you acquire the third emerald, you'll be able to bind yourself to a certain point in space and go back there at any moment. The portal can only be used once, and it costs you 20 rings. However, it remains there even if you die! It's like a checkpoint you can control.

srb20029.gif

Absolute defense: well, it's not entirely absolute, but that power will automatically protect you from some hazards. Don't trust entirely on it though. To account for the imprecision of your "absolute defense", you can enable a temporary invulnerability for 3 seconds — enough to avoid some dangerous hazards that would take out all of your valuable rings.

srb20037.gif

srb20038.gif

Astral projection: sometimes you don't have enough rings to enable you to use your powers. So you can project yourself out of your body and go catch'em all! Be careful that your body will be vulnerable, and if you get hit your soul will immediately return to it, and you'll lose all of your rings. In that state you can only grab rings. No killing enemies. No popping monitors. That's also why this powers costs you less rings than the other ones.

srb20047.gif

srb20050.gif

Any feedback/suggestions/criticism are welcome.

Last edited:
We understand you want feedback to your mod, but you can't post links to that stuff here. If your mod isnt functional enough for releaes yet, and you still need feedback, we recommend asking on the Official SRB2 Discord instead. We dont do beta releases on the Editing forum, but you can always ask for testers and feedback over there.

We understand you want feedback to your mod, but you can't post links to that stuff here. If your mod isnt functional enough for releaes yet, and you still need feedback, we recommend asking on the Official SRB2 Discord instead. We dont do beta releases on the Editing forum, but you can always ask for testers and feedback over there.

Sorry for that. Now that I have made some real progress, I'm updating my post to show useful content instead of just cheap talk.

I was thinking about what kind of power would be suitable for the 2nd emerald...
srb20030.gif
What should that cost to the player?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back