Textures

Status
Not open for further replies.

Redwolf

Does anyone know where I can find these since they've been taken off of the Wiki?

I need the names of the Wall Textures and Floors/Ceilings.

If there is already a Topic up, Sorry.

TY

Download XWE, which a link to the offical site can be found on the wiki, and get a copy of the file srb2.srb. Rename that to srb2.wad, and open it in XWE. It shows all the texture data in there.

Thanks for the Help guys, This is really Useful, I found alot of Stuff I could work on if I was to ever make my own Mod.

Ty Again.

SRB2WikiSonicMaster said:
I would instead copy srb2.srb, rename the copy to srb2xwe.wad (so SRB2 doesn't load srb2.wad and you don't corrupt it), and THEN open the copy.

Well all you need to do then is to remove srb2.wad out of the srb2 folder. Because srb2 recognizes both files, and gets confused so it allow you to use certain things like netplay unless you remove srb2.wad. As long as you can set srb2.wad as the main IWAD, and don't delete it, it will recognize it despite where you have it on the computer =P

Well, that is how I do it. The only difference is that I call it srb2slumped.wad.
That post was completely un-necessary, dude. Stop being so obnoxious with these kind of posts.

Well, that is how I do it. The only difference is that I call it srb2slumped.wad.

I was only trying to advise, and as I'll Begin said, stop being obnoxious and lighten up a bit, I don't really like your attitude at the moment. I wasn't critisising anything about you at any point, just a small bit of advise doesn't hurt does it? =/.

The above methods do work, yes. But if you're just replacing a texture, the lump names used in XWE are the same as the texture names in DB. If you're in the middle of a map but you want a new texture to work with, it's a tad quicker to use DB to find the texture name.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back