Ten is inept at making good thread titles.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ten

I've have gone through SRB2 at least four times now and I say the game perfectly protrays what a 3D Sonic game from the Doom2 era would be like minus the use of loop-de-loops. I have very few complaints about the game.

->Two of Sonic's abilities are enabled through CONSOLE only commands and therefore become esoteric to noobs. And also have to be reenabled every time a level loads or reloads due to death. Is there anyway to keep them on by default? (Although I do feel proud of myself that I could get the first five Chaos Emeralds as Sonic without using Lightdash.)

->The Bind command doesn't work with varible commands. Commands like BIND ENTER PAUSE will work but BIND L LIGHTDASH ON will not.

->Analog mode does not work in online mode, I can understand why it wouldn't in match mode but I'm too used to using while in a non-shooter mode. (Analog has nothing to do with a controller by the way for those who haven't tried it yet. It changes the character-camera relationship from that of a third-person shooter to that of a platformer like Super Mario 64.) EDIT: Why not have it that Analog mode is only disabled when Chasecam is off.

Aside from that I can't wait for the final product to come out.

Oh, when I first installed SRB2 there was no default CONSOLE key assigned, but players online have said it the default is the ` key (which ironicly is the key assigned,) does that sound strange to anyone that it had no default?

1) Which ones? I probably know, but it's been a while, so humor me. I'm guessing light dash is one, given the post, but what's the other one? Ringslinger?
2) That's because binds of more than one word need quotation marks, so it should be BIND L "LIGHTDASH ON" instead. You can even bind more than one action to the key at once with this method; separate the different actions with semicolons.
3) Analog is disabled in netgames for some reason. I think it was something like "it'd really screw up synchronization" or to that effect.

As for the final product, none of us can wait. Play Mystic Realm while you wait, though; it's closer to a "final product", really.

the other ability is Homing attack.

I'd love to see a few maps use this. (imagines homing attcking across a bridge off enemies.)

EDIT: BTW, What's Ringslinger? Wait...Does it let you shoot rings in single player mode?

I believe there isn't analog mode in Multiplayer because analog works differently depending on the camera angle. Each player doesn't actually have a camera object, so that'd just fook everything up online.

Well analog does work in two player mode. I though each player's machine is responible for their cameras.

LIGHTDASH and HOMING are cheat codes, and henceforth aren't going to be easy to trigger for newbies. SRB2 is not Sonic Adventure, and isn't intended to be. The reason those functions even exist in the game is to show that we COULD do it and we intentionally don't.

Analog doesn't work in netgame because the camera's position is required to determine movement, and the position of the camera and all angles would have to be transferred for every movement command in SRB2. It's POSSIBLE to add, but SRB2's netcode is laggy enough as it is, and it wouldn't really be a good idea. It DOES work in splitscreen because the local computer knows exactly where the camera for both players is, because they're both on the same computer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back