• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Teleporting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Make two linedefs in a control sector

Make one linedef, linedef #96, the trigger repeatedly linedef, and tag that to the sector you want sonic to teleport when he enters the sector
(THE SECTOR NEEDS TO HAVE A NUMBER OF #974 (Go to sector mode for this, CTRL + S I think) TO MAKE THE LINEDEF WORK CORRECTLY)

THEN, in the same control sector, make a linedef have Linedef type #104 (Teleport player) and tag that to the sector you want sonic to appear in when he teleports.

Also, You'll need a Teleport destination thing type in the sector that sonic is supposed to appear in when he teleports

And then there you go! sonic should be able to teleport when he touches the sector :wink:
If Sonic doesnt, you probably missed something and re-read the infromation above

I cannot get it to work! Could you like maybe video it so I can see how it is done because it sounds easy but isn't.

Dude, use the SRB2 wad hosting thing, I can't get a hold of it. Thanks.
Edit: Got it working, not the wad but my wad, I forgot to change the sector type. Would love to have that other wad too though just to make sure.

The Yellow Blue Dude said:
Shuffle said:
Hmm, a video tutorial.. that's a neat idea.

Has anyone made any video tutorials of anything SRB2 releted apart from the "speedruns" which all suck exept shuffles which i'm waiting for the sencond part of.
Not yet at least.

There should be a step by step video of how SRB2 was made from scratch telling you how to do everything and what it does for the game.

Only joking. No-one could do that... Or could they?

Dude, does anyone want to make a how to make a character wad (maybe someone who is really talented in doing this) while I do a DoomBuilder one and someone does Either an XWE one or a lumpmod one?

CloudStrife said:
Dude, does anyone want to make a how to make a character wad (maybe someone who is really talented in doing this) while I do a DoomBuilder one and someone does Either an XWE one or a lumpmod one?
Lol i'm no good at any of them... I'm no good at anything. Whats my place on earth for?

How about someone makes a "how to make your edited sonic sprites not look goofy" video tutorial. That would help my Thunder.wad (which only 4 people have downloaded the 2nd beta of)

CloudStrife said:
Lol i'm no good at any of them... I'm no good at anything. Whats my place on earth for?

How about someone makes a "how to make your edited sonic sprites not look goofy" video tutorial. That would help my Thunder.wad (which only 4 people have downloaded the 2nd beta of)
What about XWE or LumpMod?

CloudStrife said:
CloudStrife said:

What about them?

CloudStrife said:
CloudStrife said:

What about them?
Would you be able to do a tutorial for them?

CloudStrife said:
CloudStrife said:
CloudStrife said:

What about them?
Would you be able to do a tutorial for them?

XWE maybe but others could make better... Lumpmod... Never used it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back