• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Tailikku The Foxgehog or Tailikku The Hedgefox

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shiruba

I'm working on this character WAD, and since paint sucks for drawing WADS (unless it's a stick figure) I'm hand drawing the sprites. Yes, I do have proof that I'm working on it. I plan on reducing a similar picture to this to a 32x32 life icon picture:
TailikkuCard.jpg

In anycase it's a fusion of sonic and tails when they are near the master emerald. The main goal of Tailikku's story is to get to the master emerald to unfuse (I'm making a level of that but I haven't started).
-What I have done-
I've created all the standing, running and jumping sprites, so all I need to do is the flying, dying, on edge, swiming (same as flying), and I'm planing on doing a super form in the future.
-What to look foward to seeing-
Tailikku's outstanding handling and running ability. I'm thinking about adding a gun or a weapon of some sort but in anycase this WAD should be done in a few days/

The big problem with "fusion" fancharacters, isn't that the idea itself has absolutely no trace of originality to it. But that they very rarely actually look like a logical fusion of the characters.

First of all, where did the clothes come from? Sonic and Tails are both naked except for their shoes, which are red and grey. Yet this character is wearing pants, goggles, and green shoes. Such articles of clothing cannot simply materialize.

Neither Tails nor Sonic are proficient with any weapon. Were their minds to fuse together, the ability to use a gun wouldn't come out of nowhere. Besides that, the Sonic half of the mind wouldn't want to do that anyway. (Quote from ShTH, "Press X to swap out weapons. Personally, I wouldn't be caught dead using those things")

The fusion would definitely be deeper than just a fur color change, ears, and a tail. Which takes us to my next point.

In DBZ, "Fusions must take place with two similar beings" wasn't just an excuse for Vegito. Stop to think for a moment, could two beings with drastically different anatomy actually fuse together realistically? There comes a point in which beings are so different in appearance, that attempting to fuse together would result in a horrible mutation. This is especially true with different species. A fox and a wolf may be an exception, as those two can reproduce naturally, but a hedgehog and a fox is just unreasonable. Especially considering the differences in age and build.

Plus, as I said, fusion characters have absolutely no originality whatsoever.

Ok then, that the WAD looks different than that. I don't have a scanner to show how it looks but it has no clothes, the hair is like sonic, the mouth is like tails, the belly is like tails, it has two tails, shoes are exactly like tails, has goggles (The goggles come from sonic riders). Sorry if this isn't what all the "hype" is about but just wanted to show how tailikku might look.

ola said:
Draykon said:
Accurate notions on fusion characters
Dude, just let him made it. Just dont make it a recolor.

Uh, as you can see, it's pretty much just a recolor/edit. Also, there are no visible SRB2 sprites, therefore nothing is actually done. An edit of one sprite that doesn't even fit in the game does not count as progress, so it's an invalid topic.

Did I say that it would ever look like that? No, I said I would use a similar image as a life icon. And no this won't be a recolor of sonic or tails, this is a hand drawn character.

Yeah, but those are official characters, and were treated as such.

Either way, there's no proof of progress... (That above sprite doesn't count, soz)

SparkTheHedgehog said:
I'm working on this character WAD, and since paint sucks for drawing WADS (unless it's a stick figure)

100% Lies, look at what Monster Iestyn can draw, he did it all in paint.

It's true. I do all my pics in Paint.

As for this character, I doubt it'll get anywhere. You haven't posted an SRB2 sprite in this topic at all. Besides, recolours are seriously disliked by most members of this forum including me. Fusions wouldn't be any different. And that sprite wouldn't fit in SRB2 at all.

Paint is only good when you know how to use it, like me or Iestyn or Zeshiro
But when you say Fusion with tails and sonic do you mean
tailikku2gh6.png
this?

(It's supposed to be in the SRB2 Style, not the super pwnsm that is out of place style......im looking at you, Iestyn)

SparkTheHedgehog said:
Did I say that it would ever look like that? No, I said I would use a similar image as a life icon. And no this won't be a recolor of sonic or tails, this is a hand drawn character.
Erm, hand-drawn recolors? Even if it's just a mix, even if you just add clothes or something, it's still a recolored character.

light dasher said:
(It's supposed to be in the SRB2 Style, not the super pwnsm that is out of place style......im looking at you, Iestyn)

??? Why? Do you think I'm going to do what I did before? No, I'm not.

Reasons why:
  1. I don't want to do it,
  2. It pretty much resembles Tailikku in an SRB2 style, so there isn't any need to improve it,
  3. I don't like recolours/fusions just as much as many other users here.
As for SparkTheHedgehog, you shouldn't continue with this whether or not I like recolours/fusions or not. It's a rule not to make recolours, fusions, bad edits and so on. Tailikku is a recolour whether or not he has clothes on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back