• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Tag Zone (New name in progress)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Colby

Meow~♥
Since SRB2 now officially supports slopes, I decided to get back into map making, at least for a bit.

Here is a map I'm currently working on and off on, currently under the temp name "Tag Zone" until I can think of something better. It is my first map of the Match/Tag sort, and as always, comments and feedback are warmly welcome.

Screenshots:
7OCtcip.png

rKBI1BW.png

v9Xcp8e.png

JFu9dvi.png

3b8YNAw.png

LRWnmfM.png

Looks very big and open. (rail users at an advantage) the town looks nice and well done infact. And there is an assortment of textures... which is good but IMO i would create a house style that i would go by, meaning i would have certain textures for floors and walls.

I would use probably 1 flat textures for the 'disco floors' since it looks kinda outta' place, but thats not a big problem.

Overall it looks nice and structured and.... kinda fitting with the textures used.

Good work nonetheless. (:

IMO i would create a house style that i would go by, meaning i would have certain textures for floors and walls.

I would use probably 1 flat textures for the 'disco floors' since it looks kinda outta' place, but thats not a big problem.
I'm not quite sure what you mean by these two statements.

By a house style are you saying I should make everything more similar in design texture wise?

And in terms of the disco floor are you saying the whole thing should use one texture throughout, including walls and such, or just floors.

I do apologize that I'm not quite understanding these two statements, but otherwise thr advice is clear for everything else. Thank you.

By a house style are you saying I should make everything more similar in design texture wise?

Pretty much, yes. I suggested this so that your map will look 'professional' and not a mess

And in terms of the disco floor are you saying the whole thing should use one texture throughout, including walls and such, or just floors

Yes, make it so that the disco-y places only use one texture. You could add another texture to mix it up but its up to your preference.

Sorry if i made it difficult to understand :S

I have new updates I worked on, all that is left now really is to see what further suggestions are to be seen based on these screenshots, and of course finishing up the decision on a proper name, and then I will look at submitting this map hopefully.

Changes include:
-Added a Castle of sorts to the 4th sector of the map, which was blank before
-Added a slope in a big open area, so it's not so flat and open for railers, as pointed out before.
-Added a new flower patch, decoration really.
-Added more item placements, and changed around some other items.

Comments and feedback are always warmly welcomed.

Screenshots:
ZXZWRjo.png

vT90wUz.png

f43ToKW.png

j3CPM5V.png

10CoCIt.png

b0eGZB6.png

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back