Syko's Fun filled Discoveries: Read this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sykotic

Mmmkay, after recent events, I started considering why there's the term Nazi-Mystic, why TMF has gotten so much heat all of a sudden, and various other things. I even had to go and act the same way as you guys for some discoveries. So here's what I got:

---

The Term Nazi-Mystic

This term comes from the idea that Mystic has banned a user for various things, like grammar for instance. Our example will be based around that, so keep that in mind. *So a user posts his first wad and his grammar is horrendous to a point of bleeding eyes. He gets criticism for the wad, he believes has no faults, and then tries to use "its mai 1irst wad stfu" as an excuse. As we all know by now, that's not an excuse. Then Mystic locks the topic because it's flaming at the seams and bans the user. Most of the time, they think it's for their grammar. Often times, users get heat from Grammar Nazis on other forums (I can say I have on the first forum I ever joined, so I know they exist) for their, you guessed it, grammar. Somehow they know the Grammar Nazi thing, and attribute Nazi to Mystic because of banning them for what they think is grammar. Bear in mind that a lot of the problems I've found are based around grammar.

---

Why users like Dark Warrior are regarded as complete jackasses. (I used DW because he's the only person that came to mind on this)

We'll start off from the asterisk from above- the user believes his wad to be flawless. When someone like DW comes around and points out the flaws in great detail, they for some reason, in the heads of the first-wad-poster, are regarded as mean-spirited assholes. So the user flames back thinking that he/she was flamed to begin with when the great detailing user posted his long winded criticism. To figure this one out, I went did the same thing as DW. I didn't even need to play the level in question: Here.

---

I got more, but I have to go to bed now =/ School tomorrow.

Sykotic said:
I even had to go and act the same way as you guys for some discoveries.
Not making a very good impression here. I don't understand what you're trying to accomplish by posting this. My first reaction upon encountering this thread was to lock it before things got out of hand, but since I'm such a nice guy I'm going to let you explain why you think this is OK before I decide what to do.

These 'discoveries' is stuff that everyone has realized and known for years now, Sykotic.

While off the top of my head it doesn't seem like this thread is breaking any rules, I think it's irrelevant.

Hmm... SSNNazi? I think I'm getting double vision, there. OO__oo

I'd like to note that the ban display says what the ban was for, and grammar isn't always it.

Random sample of ban messages:

511 Strike 1: Non-release topic in the releases section. You have been banned for 3 day. Also, I've been hearing that you're advertising some group via PM. Don't.
512 You have been banned for making a topic in the releases section with no proof, horrible spelling, grammar, and using short speak such a "u". Three day ban.
513 You have been banned for double posting, using short speak, grammar, and run-on sentences. Ouch man. Three day ban.
514 You have been banned for bumping an old topic just to say that the link is broken. If you want the link fixed, PM the author. Ban time is three days.
515 You have been banned for posting in the wrong section, spelling, grammar, and making a line break after each sentence. Read the rules. Three day ban.
516 Strike 1: CAPS LOCK, needless bumping, asking for re-uploads, and other things. PLEASE read the rules before posting. Strike 1.
517 Do not spam. "Come on...100 pages! Almost there..." is not an acceptable post.
518 Godwin's Law. 3 day ban.
519 Rule 8 in your Tsukei River topic. WE determine whether topics get locked, not you. Three day ban.
520 You have been banned for stealing someone else's work and claiming it as your own. Ban time is three days.

Generally, people complain because they dislike the fact that we have rules here and we actually tend to enforce them, something a lot of newer users used to places like AIM and MySpace haven't really encountered before. I'll also note that I was only responsible for 2 of the above 10 bans, hence the noticeably different formatting of each message. "Nazi Mystic" is a misnomer since at this point we have a full team of administrators that all dispense bans about as much as I do.

People like to blame anyone but themselves for their problems, and the SRB2 administration, and me in particular, are an easy target to try and vent their frustrations, regardless of any truth that may be behind it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back