• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Syko Base (sykobase.wad)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sykotic

I've finally decided on a Name for the Unnamed.wad that was mentioned in My Sig.

As you should have seen in my "Uuhh.." topic, you know that I want to learn to Make Teleports and The FOFs that can go up or down when the Player Steps on it...

And without further adeu (And stalling for time)...(Images uploaded using PhotoBucket!!!!!!)

Pics taken in OpenGl and was Played in The Newest JTE.

From what I can see, it looks good.
More screenshots anytime soon?
Edit: Yep, looks really good.
I can see this being the next "SA-City."

EDIT- Now that the Screens are up *Finally*, and Image Shack seems to hate me. So I could only use PhotoBucket.

Next, can someone PLEASE teach me how to make Elevators and Teleportz? Sonics won't be able to get to certain High Places, and some areas I just plain want Seperate from the rest of the level.

*Points to Screen ZOMG WHATS THIS FOR?* Those are the Teleports That will send you to seperate Areas. In this Particular Area, the Portal is to Be Pink (Looks Purple don't it?). This is For the Cherry Blossom Area, as Cherry Blossoms are the Best. I know the Tree is Green, I need to get the Custom Tiles Loaded.

To make elevators, you have to know how to use floating platforms.

Good screens, needs more detail and scenery though. :P

>_> Yeah, yeah... I know Floating Platforms, but they Just go up without any control...

So If I had a Sector Type that said Activate Linedef (Player on Sector) and a linedef that said Activate Floating Platform Each time Then it SHOULD work?

EDIT- Okay, when I started this I was running on the SRB2 Doombuilder on a 32x32 grid. I recently changed my Grid to 64x64. This MIGHT make the Areas seem a little big when you look at the Screenies >_>

And quick question, is it against the rules to post Beta Downloads for people to test in the Edit Section? If not, I'll put one.

EDIT2- New Screenshots. The unused slot is Now going to be used =D
Pictures starring metal Sonic and a Pic of Amy going after Sonic O_O

srb20006.png

The once unused lot.

srb20007.png

Inside the New building. Deciding weather or not to make a Shop or an Arena out of it. (Ever heard of Teleports?)

srb20008.png

I have taken away the Teleports as they serve no Current Purpose.

srb20009.png

Metal Sonic, don't even TRY it O.o

Amy after Sonic coming shortly O_O

EDIT3- Sorry guys, I just recieved word that I'm not allowed on my comp during this week. I will leave you with these Screen Shots for now, and I MIGHT be able to be on it during Thanksgiving Break. We may not have Internet during that Time T_T But I will work on this None the less!

EDIT4 AND LAST ONE TIL I GET BACK- Your Amy Pic.
srb20005.png

Sonic:O_O
Amy:Sonikku ^_^ <3<3<3<3<3<3<3

(Amy tries to tackle Sonic....in water....)

or "Psionicamy" as I should say.

Looks good. Real good. :)

Sadly, you would be able to use reverse adjustable bobbing FOF to make an elevator, but for some reason, it wont work. You cannot adjust it anymore, and now it will only go up 16 units when stepped on, but adjustable bobbing FOFs work (they go down). Floating platforms would be the only way to make it go up, but you cannot control them, as they move freely.

You need to create three control sectors, one for the lowest height (the lowest point of your floating platform that is) one for the actual FOF (this can be the same as the lowest point) and one for the highest point. As for the tags, I cannot really explain them, and you would be better off going to the srb2 specials reference guide.

Anyway, it's a nice design, but it lacks in variability to me... it's like you use the same texture everywhere, and it feels lame. It's nice, and it has a nice idea (too many SA-Citys <_>), but you need to be more creative. Srb2 is extremely limited, but there are also many possibilities in return.

That's why I've been bugging you all about teleports. I need them in order to make multi-areas. You saw the Pool, Castle, Tree, and the now chosen Shop. I need teleports in order to go to seperate areas. To seperate Texture and Flat usage!

And relax. The areas in the start that lead to the Tele's are just there for the Teleporting. The areas will then spread out. Allow me to explain!

Pool- Starts as an indoor pool like thing, then Spreads out into a Beach.

Shop- It's going to be sort of like a Town Outlet. I'm going to make ALOT of New Things for this area, to give it a more...eh... Garage-Sale-ish-ness.

Tree- As I said before, I'm going to eventually get CT's in order to make this look like the Cherry Blossom Festival. This is the ONLY AREA that will use the Same Texts repetitively...

Castle/Church/Tomb- This Place will be a sort of... Remake of Castle Eggman. Or something, I still need to Decide D= So for now, it will be nothing.

Also, when I finish this, there will be a Hidden Level, seperate from Syko Base itself. Custom Exits, Yadda yadda. It'll be a Small area, not much to see. I wonder if it's possible to make it to where you can make the Player That steps into the area will be the only one to get sent to it. =3 We'll find out.

EDIT- ZOMG!!!!!111111111111

I made a Teleport... No need for a Tele tut now =D...

Back and forth teleporting anyone >_>;;

Good so far. But a word of caution.
This Wad is a Hangout map and should not be of use on the Master Server. Hangout is not allowed on the Master Server.
KTHXBYE! :)

I know that. That's the Whole Idea, is for it to be used for Parties, celebrations etc.

But, I don't condone using it on the MS. Just use it with yer IP connectiness.

but how do you get into OpenGL in srb2jte? it doesn't go into OpenGL automatically.And why does the word OpenGL turn dark grey whenever someone types it?

sasuketo uzuchihamaki said:
but how do you get into OpenGL in srb2jte? it doesn't go into OpenGL automatically.And why does the word OpenGL turn dark grey whenever someone types it?

Get the launcher from srb2.org.
Go to "main options" and type in srb2jte where it says srb2win.
Check the "alternate exe" box.
Check in the "open gl mode" box and run srb2. : P

That's enough. Because of this Stupid Rambling, you guys don't get Pictured Updates. Only Worded Updates.

Beach = 75% (need to Soc the New Items)
Castle = Deleted and Replaced By Labs.
Labs = 25% (Need to Soc the Criosin and get my Buddy's Map Layout for his area. He did most of the Spriting, so he deerves a Place. He's Currently in Italy at the Moment)
Cherry Blossom = 0% (Need to finish the Other areas first)
Shop = 50% (Need to finish the Arenas to go with the Smash soc [Or it might be a newer vesrion Custom Designed by Yours Truly)

Yep, and I added New Tiles. The Red Teleports are the Entry area Teles and the Blue Teles are the Other End of the Teleports. The Exits so to speak. Teles are only One Way. Tiles edited Straight from the SRB2.srb file in Photoshop. Yeah, I DL'd it...

Question that some of you may have. What is the Criosin?

Acitvate the Virus and Hunt Down its Life Form.

Umm... yeah. Hi, I'm Syko's partner. I'm also working on Syko Base. Yeah. I'm currently in Cassino right now, so I might not be on for the next few days. Anyways, I'm helping Syko with the spriting, mainly on a special lab and the beach area of the level.

So far, the progress with the spriting of the secret lab is not even close to being done. I'd say about 15% done. I still need to finish the sprites and the layout.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Back