Sxips Booster Port Course Pass

Sxips Booster Port Course Pass 2.03.1

Sxips

Sxips submitted a new resource:

Sxips Wonderful World of Kart Racing Ports. - I like porting other tracks from other racing games into SRB2K

I recently alongside making a character pack thread, I've also gotten into making ports of tracks from other kart racers I love into SRB2K, I will update this thread whenever more ports are comin.

Sxips Cup/Prix Wave 1:
N64 Choco Mountain(MAPJT), CTR Crash Cove(MAPJR), and CNK Meteor Gorge(MAPJQ)
(I put them in individual downloads, enjoy the first wave!)

View attachment 87750View attachment 87748[ATTACH type="full"...

Read more about this resource...

Welcome to releases, though I'd recommend in any updates you might do perhaps it would be best to compile all the maps into one PK3 for convenience sake?

Welcome to releases, though I'd recommend in any updates you might do perhaps it would be best to compile all the maps into one PK3 for convenience sake?
Yeah that's what I was told after uploading, I'll make sure to update the downloads to pk3 for future releases.

Me and my friend group think the tracks are mid, but at least your making something. Hope to see your skills improve. I don't remember if we played on them yet so sorry for the lack of feedback.

Here's a neat suggestion: The Rec Rally map from Rec Room. It might be a bit tricky since the game is more modern, but I think it would be an awesome deep-cut tribute to port this track over!
Recrally.png

Sxips updated Sxips Booster Port Course Pass with a new update entry:

WAVE 2 Released

Wave 2 of the Booster Course Port Pass is here-
View attachment 89481
Joining the race this time is Pitch from Kirby's Dream Land 3 and Poochy from Yoshi's Island.
Special Thanks to Plom,Soup Bowler,Air Fox, and Star within the community resources for flats and textures.
(Middle of Nowhere House textures come from here https://sketchfab.com/3d-models/bag...cowardly-dog-c62102eda0b74fb4816bbf2d88a6ed96, credit to monotonousfox)

Get...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Hey, I reviewed your update for these kart maps.
I noticed that there seems to be a duplicate wad file for Choco Mountain, don't worry this isn't grounds for removal!
However, I noticed that this new pack doesn't have the old maps you posted previously. I was wondering if this was purposeful or an accident.
Also, I found a small SOC error here:
WARNING: Line 31: Level header 459: levelname exceeds max length of 21 1 warning in the SOC lump

Not a big issue, the maps are still completely playable!

Hey, I reviewed your update for these kart maps.
I noticed that there seems to be a duplicate wad file for Choco Mountain, don't worry this isn't grounds for removal!
However, I noticed that this new pack doesn't have the old maps you posted previously. I was wondering if this was purposeful or an accident.
Also, I found a small SOC error here:
WARNING: Line 31: Level header 459: levelname exceeds max length of 21 1 warning in the SOC lump

Not a big issue, the maps are still completely playable!
Ah I see, I think it might be the courage track's name, also I forgot to add the old wave with it let me update the resource.

Hello. Heads up, it seems if Bowler's Pack is loaded before your second wave pack it will cause the game to crash with errors related to animations. This can be worked around by loading your pack first, but it might be something you want to look into.

The error messages I got:

First this one:

I_Error(): P_InitPicAnims: bad cycle from EYBLKS1 to EYBLKS40

Which I "fixed" by putting back these files in the right order (1 through 40) in your pk3. Then came this one:

I_Error(): P_InitPicAnims: bad cycle from MKQUESF1 to MKQUESF4

Which I "fixed" by copying MKQUESF4 from Bowler's Pack to yours since I deduced at that point the issue was linked to this pack somehow. Then I got this one instead:

I_Error(): P_InitPicAnims: bad cycle from MKQUEST1 to MKQUEST4

And that's where I gave up and decided to look for other solutions, then I ended up figuring out loading your pack first "solved" the issue.

Hello. Heads up, it seems if Bowler's Pack is loaded before your second wave pack it will cause the game to crash with errors related to animations. This can be worked around by loading your pack first, but it might be something you want to look into.

The error messages I got:

First this one:

I_Error(): P_InitPicAnims: bad cycle from EYBLKS1 to EYBLKS40

Which I "fixed" by putting back these files in the right order (1 through 40) in your pk3. Then came this one:

I_Error(): P_InitPicAnims: bad cycle from MKQUESF1 to MKQUESF4

Which I "fixed" by copying MKQUESF4 from Bowler's Pack to yours since I deduced at that point the issue was linked to this pack somehow. Then I got this one instead:

I_Error(): P_InitPicAnims: bad cycle from MKQUEST1 to MKQUEST4

And that's where I gave up and decided to look for other solutions, then I ended up figuring out loading your pack first "solved" the issue.
Thanks for the heads up, I will look into this issue!

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Back