Switches are pressed without stepping on (Lift Bridge Zone)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ezer'Arch

ArchPack 2.5 is on the way
I'm converting Lift Bridge Zone to SRB2 2.0 format, but this is bringing me some problems.

This map has a lift-bridge controlled by two pairs of switches, one pair for each base. If you press the green button, the bridge goes up and red button pops up; by pressing the red one, the bridge goes down and green button pops up. It worked perfectly in 1.09.4.

After I've converted this map by using Level Converter, the buttons can be pressed even if you don't step on them. You can simply fly or jump over them and they'll get pressed.

I redone the switch system. They work well if they aren't tagged to the control sectors that make the bridge go down/up.

http://ezerarch.uuuq.com/files/f_liftbridge_ME.zip

Any help is welcome.

(If you want to know Lift Bridge Zone)

From the sounds of it, the converter gave you the wrong sector types. instead of Trigger X (Touch Sector Floor) You got (Anywhere in sector) instead. Finish the conversion manually.

Edit: the level in my signature was a manual conversion.

glaber said:
From the sounds of it, the converter gave you the wrong sector types. instead of Trigger X (Touch Sector Floor) You got (Anywhere in sector) instead. Finish the conversion manually.

It's already Touch Sector Floor - 80. If I remove the tags for control sectors that make the bridge go down/up, buttons work properly. This is the problem.

glaber said:
I just opened it and Now I'm just as confused as you

OhLOL, welcome to the confused people.

Try this: delete all control sectors (the triangular one) that controls the bridge (West side) and run the map. You'll see the buttons will work like before. Maybe this is a bug or something.

I don't think the issue is with the map, because ERZ1 has a button in the upside-down staircase room which I've pressed by jumping over before.

This sometimes happened to me even in 1.09.4. Usually, when I can't solve the problem, I just try to minimize the scale of it (in other words, find some other way of modifying the level so that it looks acceptable for buttons to be pressed that way.)

I don't know what I can do: if Tails flies over the buttons, they are pressed too. O.o'

Ezer.Arch said:
I don't know what I can do: if Tails flies over the buttons, they are pressed too. O.o'
Ezer'Arch, a possible solution it to make a small invisible intangible FOF about 1 fracunit over the button. It can recreate the illusion of the button being pressed.

I know how to fix your problem now. In the bug reporting topic I found out what causes the problem, so I changed the exeacuter from each time to continuous and it worked! What you need to do is the same thing.

(Personal note, I never use Each time)

fireworks_x3.gif

Nice Glaber! Fixed for next release.

http://ezerarch.uuuq.com/files/f_liftbridge_FixSwitches.zip

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back