• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Super Smash Hedgehogs: MELEE!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boinciel

ヒトデのパンと不思議なジャム
Sonic Team Junior
Kart Krew™️
Judge
After viewing several other topics, I noticed a complete lack of one thing. 2D match levels! Call me crazy, but Super Smash Brothers Melee popped into my head right away. If they can do it, so can we!

I plan a full-fledged mod out of this. I need other people to work on SOCs. One SOC that just knocks you back if you have no Rings and get hit, and one that allows a random object to fall from the sky every 10-15 seconds. I asked if I could package the Melee.soc with it, and the answer was a yes.

Level Designer 1: Boinciel
Level Designer 2: light dasher
SOCcer 1: empty
SOCcer 2: empty
Idea Man: nomekop

Green Greens is complete. Final Destination is very bland. Corneria is just starting out. Mushroom Kingdom is nearly complete.

Basically, I suck at SOCs, but level designing is the thing for me.

EDIT: The following stages will NOT be available. If they are, they will be very different from the original stages.
Poke Floats
Mute City (Even if I DID make it, it would just be a really small platform above a moving road that never changed.)
Brinstar Depths
Rainbow Cruise
If I get a chance, I'll completely redesign them.

Final Destination Screenies!
srb20018tb2.png

srb20019xn9.png

KNOWN ISSUES

Final Destination seems to have gone a bit screwy.
There is a bug in Green Greens that causes some things to go red, sometimes.

Ah, but he didn't have melee.soc at his disposal.

GCFreak said:
An EXE mod is better than an SOC. ^_~

Quoted for the truth.
Besides, I heard that DMSC is still in production and is being fixed up.
I'm not going to mention names, most of you probably know who I'm talking about

Although, This is a nice try :P

Until it is released in the editing/releases section, I'm going to work on this. What map do you think I should do next? (Barring the N64 levels, as I haven't unlocked them yet.)

Well i made some Sonic Battle Levels, i'd be glad to help you, (level designer 2) unless you want someone different

Wow this looks awesome, and is awesome I would have did something like this, but i don't know how to put doombuilder levels in 2d only in 3d, but if i figure out and you need help making levels I can help too, I have gotten better at making levels.

Niah. I already made final destination. Much better. Screenshots unavailable for time being.

Maybe another time I'll get some screenies for you. :3

That's pretty much impossible without creating another EXE, and I just want to make this available to everyone.

Oh, and Green Greens (Alpha) is in the package now.

I wouldn't bother, nothing you can do with an SOC will improve over an EXE...

Spazzo tells me things...

Things I can't tell the public...

I hold him hostage against his will till he gives me things...

*runs*

FuriousFox said:
It's been tried before, and failed miserably.
Shuffle said:
Meh, good luck. DMSC already failed miserably.

Thanks.
Oh, and to all of you: DMSC, is still in the works. Sure, we don't have Shuffle. Sure, we don't have JTE. But hey, why would you need 'em, when you have friggin' AJ FREDA as a programmer? :)
Yeah, guess it's time to bring this public.
I'll leave you with these:
dmscrk1.png

DMSC Gameplay. Quite fun, actually. ^.^
1xu7.png

Yet another gameplay image.
1ox4.png

"Sonic Team Presents" Screen
2ke9.png

Title Page.
Now, guys (IE Shuffle), don't start rambling on how DMSC sux and the coding was crap and this and that. AJ is working on this from the ground, up., so expect little to no similarities to past DMSC versions.

So, uh, yeah, no offence Bionicel, but your SOC will probably not hold a candle to what will become DMSC. You are welcome to help DMSC, if you'd like.

Hooray for the revival of DMSC! But are those shots of the old one, or the new one? They kinda seem familiar :|

Yeah, ehe, sorry I haven't worked on that since like July.... maybe you'll see more from me this Christmas. 8)

Can you not take over my topic, please? This is just meant to add Match maps in 2D, not create an entirely different EXE/way to play SRB2. It's just supposed to be a SSBM-themed level pack.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Back