Super Smash Bros Brawl (Label your Spoilers!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well not only is that completely obvious. Also blue is Zelda. Not ZSS. And yellow probably isn't mario since mario lacks horns and all.

true enough, but yellow doesn't specifically look like any character as of yet. Mario, Luigi, Ness, Lucas and Olimar seem like they migth fit. Lets just hope the HELL any possible new characters to fill it isn't from animal crossing. The stage is alright, but... just no.

Flame_the_hedgehog said:

Gah... LETS BOYCOT NINTENDO! WHOO!

>> <<

Wheither true or not, we'll have to wait it out and see. The longer it takes to release, the better the game would be upon release.

Hmm, figured I'd reflect back on this week's updates, since I haven't really had a chance to get my two cents in...

For the Past Stages, I'm quite glad that they're actually picking good ones this time. We have the standard Great Fox map, at Corneria (It wouldn't be Smash Bros. without this), Rainbow Ride (tourneyfags be damned, I can have fun levels if I want to), and Yoshi's Island.

And now, to shut those people who think I like everything that has to do with Yoshi, I'm going to say this. I did not like Yoshi's stage in SSB64, though for a different reason than Mystic. To me, it just seems like they added a small stage, placed three smaller, slanted platforms, and called the stage finished. And really, I could say that about quite a few of the other SSB64 stages as well.

I liked the Yoshi's Island stage in Melee. The bottomless pit is funny, really. Props to whoever thought of it. The only part I didn't like about this stage was that it was done in the Super Mario World style, with music to match. Yoshi is not a ranch horse. He's a tropical dinosaur. Get it right.

The Fighting Alloy Team, to be quite frank, is stupid looking. It seems that their designs for enemy multi-man fighters are getting worse for each new game. I didn't mind the Fighting Wireframes so much. It's just that here, we have robots, for some reason, when we already have strange robotic enemies in the Subspace campaign that are just as awkward looking.

Green Alloy has to be the most hideous, with no arms or body, and a gigantic rear when viewed from the side. Its design manages to be worse than Kirby (I'm going to get a ton of flak for saying this - so be it). I wish they'd go back to having polygons for each of the different characters, and having them clone the A attacks. Some of those were especially creepy, but in a good way.

Also, Snake certainly has an interesting Final Smash, but does it really have to block half the view like that? I hope it scrolls the screen over slightly to make room.

Finally, props to Nintendo for introducing a new character that isn't overrated junk. Olimar gives me a breath of fresh air from all the idiots clambering for Shadow or Sora to join the fray. My biggest concern, however, is game balance.

When you introduce a significantly different playstyle, you need to check to be sure it can't somehow be too strong, and at the same time, not be too weak. When a character plays differently, there are new shortcomings that might not be present from a character playing traditionally, and also new methods that may make a character too powerful. I really hope they know what they're doing, because every time I see a new character join, I fear that the balance will somehow be thrown off. My biggest fear is that the same thing will happen to Brawl that happened in Melee: Fox wins, Yoshi loses.

I can't beleive NO ONE has figured out what the Yellow Alloy is. Pay attention to the multiplayer multi man brawl screen. Yellow Alloy is twice as tall as Mario, and has horns. Sound familier? Here's a hint:
Just in time for me to stomp you into Space Bits!

Yellow Alloy does not look a thing like Bowser. The body structure is totally different. I have no idea where you got that idea from.

Also, I wish they had brought back the Fighting Polygons. They were way better than Fighting Alloy Team will ever be.

Yeah, the polygons were cool, but they were just recolors (ZOMFG) of the regular characters without special moves. Otherwise, they were purple and just looked cooler.

FB, who cares if they look like crap. At least they've got some real variation, as opposed to Melee's two generic wireframes.

Although, the yellow alloy might be a character not announced yet. You never know~

ZTaimat said:
true enough, but yellow doesn't specifically look like any character as of yet. Mario, Luigi, Ness, Lucas and Olimar seem like they migth fit. Lets just hope the HELL any possible new characters to fill it isn't from animal crossing. The stage is alright, but... just no.
Hate to break it to you but....
yellow.jpg

I totally agree. I'd rather have clones from Melee back than get original but horrible characters like those in the game. He/she(gender can be chosen) represents Animal Crossing, a popular franchise from Nintendo. Does that make a reason to make him/her a character for Brawl? No way.

Miis in the form of standard and rather weak characters only for (special?)Brawl mode would be fun, though. Rather not for online. That would take the Brawl feeling out and add that all too familiar gimicky Wii feeling.

Maybe when you use a Mii for a character, you would get an amount of points to distribute over its stats, and of course, each stat would have a limit, like you had 200 points, you could only give 50 to strength, and 100 speed. And the special attacks would be standard stuff; one is kick, one is punch, another is jump, etc.

Super mystic sonic said:
I totally agree. I'd rather have clones from Melee back than get original but horrible characters like those in the game. He/she(gender can be chosen) represents Animal Crossing, a popular franchise from Nintendo. Does that make a reason to make him/her a character for Brawl? No way.

Miis in the form of standard and rather weak characters only for (special?)Brawl mode would be fun, though. Rather not for online. That would take the Brawl feeling out and add that all too familiar gimicky Wii feeling.

I have no idea what you mean and to me it wounld be cool if you can have custon movesets for miis.

Kaysakado said:
[Insert "Do Not Want" picture here]
Well...Yellow Alloy is really tall. He might not be Animal Crossing (Thank goodness)...Shu proposed that he might just be original.
Good to know that nintendo has attained some originality.

Kroze said:
01 - Smash Emblem
02 - DK Initials [Donkey Kong Series]
03 - Starfox Insigna [Starfox Series]
04 - Star [Kirby Series]
05 - Falcon Icon [F-Zero Series]
06 - Samus Signature [Metroid Series]
07 - Mother Symbol [Earthbound Series]
08 - Pokeball [Pokemon Series]
09 - Triforce [Zelda Series]
10 - Mushroom [Mario Series]
11 - Yoshi Egg [Yoshi Series]
12 - Sword [Fire Emblem Series]
13 - ?
14 - Eggplant [Ice Climber Series]
15 - Leaf [Animal Crossing Series]
16 - Wario's W [Wario Series]
17 - FOX Unit Logo [Metal Gear Solid Series]
18 - Pit's Bow [Kid Icarus Series]
19 - Game & Watch logo[Mr. Game & Watch]
20 - Hedgehog Head [Sonic Series]
21 - DS Icon [Nintendo DS.. Stuff?]
22 - Pikmin Flower [Pikmin Series]

There goes the theory that the numbers for the games go in alphabetical order according to their Japanese names...

Julian said:
Kroze said:
01 - Smash Emblem
02 - DK Initials [Donkey Kong Series]
03 - Starfox Insigna [Starfox Series]
04 - Star [Kirby Series]
05 - Falcon Icon [F-Zero Series]
06 - Samus Signature [Metroid Series]
07 - Mother Symbol [Earthbound Series]
08 - Pokeball [Pokemon Series]
09 - Triforce [Zelda Series]
10 - Mushroom [Mario Series]
11 - Yoshi Egg [Yoshi Series]
12 - Sword [Fire Emblem Series]
13 - ?
14 - Eggplant [Ice Climber Series]
15 - Leaf [Animal Crossing Series]
16 - Wario's W [Wario Series]
17 - FOX Unit Logo [Metal Gear Solid Series]
18 - Pit's Bow [Kid Icarus Series]
19 - Game & Watch logo[Mr. Game & Watch]
20 - Hedgehog Head [Sonic Series]
21 - DS Icon [Nintendo DS.. Stuff?]
22 - Pikmin Flower [Pikmin Series]

There goes the theory that the numbers for the games go in alphabetical order according to their Japanese names...

Actually, the Mr. Game and Watch logo would be 13 if anything....
Look at how its all placed out with the old and returning characters first and the new additions next.
Also, you MIGHT want to remove what you call "YOUR" myspace link off of your signature seeing as you are not him.
Just some friendly advice!

Challenge update:
Good: tells you how to unlock ect. feels like they ripped that off of kirby air ride checklist.
Bad: nothing

I have a hunch Game & Watch is hiding amongst the "Challenges" boxes. Or prehaps you get him when all boxes are broken?

Don't bother with Julian. He's pulling that out of his ass. He was banned a month ago for claiming he was Sonic's voice actor with the most ridiculous and laughable story we've gotten here in a long damn time. Started about here if you'd like to view the topic history.

Needless to say, he's lying. If he happens to be right, it's pure luck. Ignore him, he's been rebanned for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 4, Members: 0, Guests: 4)

Back