Super Mario Galaxy 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nintendo actually seems to be working hard to make us shit ourselves in glee. I wonder what we do get with 120 stars though.

So one of my favorite levels in SM64 and my favorite world in SMB3 are used in this game.

I swear, instant purchase.

Buy it ins-

Actually, I can't decide what to get. Why does Nintendo release all the good games now? Zelda 2, Metroid, Mario,(hopefully) Kirby/Pikmin 3.

Buy it ins-

Actually, I can't decide what to get. Why does Nintendo release all the good games now? Zelda 2, Metroid, Mario,(hopefully) Kirby/Pikmin 3.

Because they love us, and our money ;)

If you have the money, you might as well get Mario first, since it's about to be released. By the time you're done with it, you should have enough money to buy another game.

I'm really appreciative of how Nintendo has been having spring and summer releases recently. I don't just play video games during the holiday season.

As long as they don't overcompensate and lump too many at once into the spring and summer. Four top-grade games were coming out this summer, one in April, one in a few days, one in June, and one in August. As it is I'm worried about spending money on the first two, but Nintendo initially had one at the end of April, one at the end of May, one at the beginning of June, and one in the middle of July. That would have been even more difficult. (and S&P2 was delayed for that precise reason, in fact)

Ah...so we ARE including Those Stars?

Otherwise...I didn't really notice that Nintendo was release that many hit titles so close to each other, I mean sure it will be cool, But I'm sure there is some negative precaution to this

SMG2 seems like epic pwnage. I mean, WHOMP FORETRESS (sorry if I spelled that wrong)?! ARE YOU SERIOUS?! :3

So, I'm one of those guys who softmodded his Wii for homebrew use, so I managed to get a copy of the SMG2 ISO a day early and give it a go.

Early impressions:

1) It very much still is Mario Galaxy. It's quite evident that they used the exact same framework (Not that this is a BAD thing).
2) The battles with Bowser don't seem any more difficult than they were in SMG1. Perhaps that will change in the future...
3) Really liking these new mushrooms! The cloud suit is my favourite thus far.
4) There's still an abundance of extra lives everywhere, but considering how frequently I'm losing my lives, it's a justified abundance.
5) The slide course on Tree Trunk Galaxy is notoriously difficult. You had better have some good reflexes if you want to get through it alive.
6) Rosalina only appears for the Super Guide. I don't think she's in the game elsewhere.
7) Yoshi is pretty damn fun to play as. You can still jump off him at will (ala SMW) for a little extra boost, too. I'm thoroughly enjoying levels where he's playable
8) I'm loving the little references Nintendo is hiding here and there...there's a section in one of the levels in World 3 that has 2 sections that are so reminiscent of old Mario Party minigames (Bumper balls and Hexagon Heat) that was pretty neat. I'm sure more references are to come...
9) There's a sunshine level. I'm not gunna say what it is, for the sake of spoilers.

Rosalina is not the super guide, the dark witch is. Beat the game and find out what in the world Rosalina is doing. :)

There is a sunshine level(One of the intermission trailers) and a SM64 level.

So, I'm one of those guys who softmodded his Wii for homebrew use, so I managed to get a copy of the SMG2 ISO a day early and give it a go.

Early impressions:

1) It very much still is Mario Galaxy. It's quite evident that they used the exact same framework (Not that this is a BAD thing).
2) The battles with Bowser don't seem any more difficult than they were in SMG1. Perhaps that will change in the future...
3) Really liking these new mushrooms! The cloud suit is my favourite thus far.
4) There's still an abundance of extra lives everywhere, but considering how frequently I'm losing my lives, it's a justified abundance.
5) The slide course on Tree Trunk Galaxy is notoriously difficult. You had better have some good reflexes if you want to get through it alive.
6) Rosalina only appears for the Super Guide. I don't think she's in the game elsewhere.
7) Yoshi is pretty damn fun to play as. You can still jump off him at will (ala SMW) for a little extra boost, too. I'm thoroughly enjoying levels where he's playable
8) I'm loving the little references Nintendo is hiding here and there...there's a section in one of the levels in World 3 that has 2 sections that are so reminiscent of old Mario Party minigames (Bumper balls and Hexagon Heat) that was pretty neat. I'm sure more references are to come...
9) There's a sunshine level. I'm not gunna say what it is, for the sake of spoilers.

I thought we weren't allowed to talk about piracy. Or is that to advocate it? Whatever.

Anyway, the game's a blast so far. Every time I get a star, I end up thinking to myself "Wow, that was fun."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back