Summer 2021 Voting - WasifBoomz

WasifBoomz

1. Music Mash - Worst map ever conceived.
2. Blizzard Bastion - Honestly, there are so many fun and unique platforming/speed sections, and this is coming from somebody who mains Sonic, the high challenge that many obstacles provide makes the level memorable and fun, also Diamond Dust is a plus.
3. Koopa Kastle - Heeey, I dunno if you noticed, but it's spelled CASTLE. This map speaks for itself, it feels very Mario, but it feels like SRB2 at the same time. I gotta detract Cool Points for Brak Eggman though.
4. Hollow Hill - I loved the use of slopes and platforming, but there are a couple of issues. The earthquake effect (and this is coming from somebody who very rarely gets motion sick), is WAY too strong, also the Sandopolisesque Sand got a little annoying.
5. Fort Sunset - When I started the level, I was immediately put off with the coins required, but the aesthetics combined with the fun geometry made for a fun quest!
6. Abyss Caverns - It was pretty fun to mess around with slopes, and I thought a lot of the geometry was well designed, not much really happened, but it was fun!
7. Teal Tundra - This map is fun, it didn't make me mad, I just sorta jumped straight through it.
8. Mercury Mine - Even though repeating stuff kinda sucked, I enjoyed the liquid gimmick, and I think a lot of the platforming wasn't the most creative, but it was stillfun, despite it being basic at times.
9. Ridge Rapids - I can't really say anything about this map, it's fine, the visuals were a little overwhelming, but it was still fun, if a bit forgettable.
10. Ante-Station - This level started great and got worse over time. The visuals started bugging out (in Software), and unfortunately, only being able to see SOME of the screen, makes parts frustrating. While visually impressive, it's not THAT fun to play. At one point, the game just became a black screen permanently.
11. Falcon Emissary - When playing this map, I was having a blast, or I was completely frustrated. Sometimes, I had no idea what to do, or what was happening, but I enjoy the wind-based gimmicks.
12. Emerald Glade - This map feels like it was made in a few minutes, but I won't lie, I had fun, I guess the monitor use was quite creative, and I really liked the Lance Bot Shard, very clever.
13. Lava Temple - Not gonna lie, I was falling asleep playing this level, it's not that it's boring, it's just that the level felt both very repetitive and aimless at the same time, I think a lot of the gimmicks were clever,
and yes, I did enjoy playing to some extent.
14. Zaxel's Thunder Yard - Most parts are either too cramped or too open, and I legitimately thought that the signpost WAS the end, you don't HAVE to make levels this long.
I went for the "Very Cool" ending for curiosity but making it an infinite loop is cheap. Of course, the parts that weren't too open or closed were actually really fun.
15. Drenched Dam - Unfortunately, this map is kinda boring. I love maps that aren't the conventional REACH TO THE END WITH OPEN PATHWAYS level. But making a level incredibly cramped and more straightforward than a line is not the way to do it. The fan part is frustrating, the race is easy, and I managed to get out of the intended area many times which was just frustrating.
16. Bombastic Beach - I have to place this map down here simply because it's under 15 seconds long after about 45 seconds of practice, nothing happened in this level.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back