Suggestions

Here's a question: Would it be feasible for boss fights to make use of a weak point system in which attacking the boss at their weak point does double damage? This could be something that's constantly exposed but tricky to land a hit on, or something that is only exposed during certain animations.

The idea in my head is that this could take advantage of the 3D space SRB2 takes place in by providing a skill-based method of dealing with bosses faster. You don't have to hit a boss in their weak point to deal damage, so you aren't required to make use of them to win, but if you get good at doing so you can do two hits worth of damage instead of one, winning the fight faster as a reward for taking a risk and it paying off.

Perhaps this concept could even be implemented into some of the regular badniks, allowing skilled players to deal with enemies that would usually require two hits to defeat in only one hit?

Blue Mountain Zone

Trivia: It's a neat concept that ultimately got scrapped for the main campaign. The level can be played in 2.0 by typing "map map17" in console. The level that you can play is very small, with the goal being right next to the start, and there being a hidden life only Tails and Knuckles can probably reach. It was planned to be Act 2 of Red Volcano, but got axed early I assume due to how small the stage is, its an unfinished stage.

But, this is NOT a suggestion to make Blue Mountain a part of the main campaign, or the second act of Red Volcano. This is a suggestion to make a Bonus Level based on Blue Mountain. I like the idea of a scrapped level being the inspiration for a bonus level. We did get Forest Fortress after all.
Post automatically merged:

An Xmas Themed Level

I would also like to see a Christmas themed SINGLEPLAYER bonus level. Frozen Hillside is more of a cold level or icy level than a Christmas one, and Christmas Chime is a NiGHTS stage that is basically Spring Hill from 2.0. Christmas has always been a part of SRB2:

-SRB2Xmas having an entire campaign
-Christmas mode
-Xmas Emerald Hunt

I would love to see christmas decorations and trees and other xmas related stuff in a christmas themed level. I liked SRB2Xmas, and im also curious how an Xmas level made with 2.2's standards would be.

I'm never opposed to levels not made in 2.2 standards by the way, if they want to do something like techno legacy and have it be accurate or whatever thats fine, i just doubt they'd ever make a bonus level in non-2.2 standards or do another port-like level like techno legacy. If they did something like that for 0.96 I think itd be something like final demo zone maybe, but idk if thats possible, the srb2xmas campaign has more levels than final demo i think

Last edited:
Android builds (and possibly other ports) should denote their status as Android builds in their version strings, this would make it easier to detect what build someone is using in lua.

I like the idea of Red Mountain act 2 to be a snow-themed level but it wouldn't fit...
Something that could be a spiritual successor to the idea could be to make it ash themed though. Ashfall is very visually similar to snowing and fits within the hot volcano theme.

Someone on my server was AFK, and I didn't want the game waiting for him to finish the race after each round, so I told him that I was going to kick him if he didn't say something to indicate he wasn't AFK. He did not, so I kicked him, but it kicked him with the message "Go away", which was not at all what I intended. I even said "don't take it personally" in the chat before kicking him, but of course he didn't see that.

When he eventually rejoined, I told him why I kicked him, and he didn't believe me at first because he assumed I had intentionally told him to "go away". I explained what happened, and everything turned out fine, but if he hadn't rejoined, he'd probably still have a bad impression of me. If it were someone else, it might even have made them decide not to rejoin,

So my suggestion is quite simple: please change the default message so this doesn't happen to anyone else. If an admin wants to express some sentiment when kicking someone, they can specify their own message. But the server shouldn't default to a negative sentiment in a situation where it's likely not intended. If it doesn't know the reason why someone was kicked, it should say something neutral, like "No reason given" or even just leave the reason blank.

Something that could be a spiritual successor to the idea could be to make it ash themed though. Ashfall is very visually similar to snowing and fits within the hot volcano theme.

Oooo, I love this idea. Not only would this be a cool effect for the level, but it would also open up another default weather option for level creating. I'm sure it wouldn't be hard to change the snowflakes from white to brown, but I think there might be some rule against doing that kind of thing in a submitted level.

Anyway, ashfall or snow, either one would be cool. One thing I always loved about the OVA was the snow and lava theme of the ice caps. Considering mountains are often covered in snow at the tip, it wouldn't look out of place, either. Although, would an active volcano melt the snow? I dunno.

Suggestion for the Lua IO API:
Add writebyte and readbyte functions to deal with bytes instead of string.
For exemple : According to valid file extension BMP files are supported but it's pain to deal with using current API.

Last edited:
Signpost working as Star Post

In multiplayer, make signpost work like a star post, so if you die after completing a level, you won't respawn at the star post you activated last and have to redo the last section of the map but respawn at the signpost.

Last edited:
And another suggestion about IO API.
Compress the file being sent(when sending large file that can cause problems on slow connection)... Gamestate is compressed why not Lua files ?

Suggestion about the emerald system in Match/CTF

Maybe in 2.3 or a later release, we can have the option to pick the old match emerald system or the new one?

Cause I practically got carried through so many matches cause of the old emerald system and now it's gone I lose almost every match I play and it makes me sad and not want to play Match/CTF anymore

(Damn,I hope I said it correctly this time)

Suggestion about the emerald system in Match/CTF

Maybe in 2.3 or a later release, we can have the option to pick the old match emerald system or the new one?

Cause I practically got carried through so many matches cause of the old emerald system and now it's gone I lose almost every match I play and it makes me sad and not want to play Match/CTF anymore

(Damn,I hope I said it correctly this time)
You're in luck, because Match-based gametypes are most likely getting chopped entirely when 2.3 comes around. The developers don't want to maintain it and its hacky code anymore, so it'll probably be replaced with something more modern and enjoyable.

I personally think that the level select should be accessible from the Pandora Box so you don't need to leave the game, go to the Extras menu and select the Level Select option.

I personally think that the level select should be accessible from the Pandora Box so you don't need to leave the game, go to the Extras menu and select the Level Select option.
I do kinda miss this. I can understand why they don't want player abusing the level select, it could be used to easily beat the game as any character by just warping to the Brak Eggman fight, but it would be nice if they placed the old level select back in Pandora's box as a reward after beating the game as each of the vanilla cast. This way there's still a character save specific level select, and there's quick level select as a separate unlockable.

I do kinda miss this. I can understand why they don't want player abusing the level select, it could be used to easily beat the game as any character by just warping to the Brak Eggman fight, but it would be nice if they placed the old level select back in Pandora's box as a reward after beating the game as each of the vanilla cast. This way there's still a character save specific level select, and there's quick level select as a separate unlockable.
You could also just do a map map23

You get Pandora's Box for getting 100% of the emblems in the game. If someone hasn't got a compete save of every character by then...just let them have it. What's the harm?

You get Pandora's Box for getting 100% of the emblems in the game. If someone hasn't got a compete save of every character by then...just let them have it. What's the harm?
I've been an advocate for Pandora's Box being a much earlier unlockable but the things in it being unlocked over time for quite some time now.

This Suggestion is a bit... weird.

So, usually when you get a magnet shield and there are no enemies near it does nothing. I figured that instead when there are no enemies but rings farther than it can usually get, pressing Jump and Spin would make the magnet field expand getting the other rings with ease.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Back