Suggestions

Custom themes.
Let's say for example you wanted your OC in the SRB2MB logo or you wanted blue to be green. Well with custom themes you could do just that. All you have to do is upload a file to replace the SRB2MB Logo and choose the color hue for the website.
Pretty sure they meant suggestions for the game but that'd be cool
 
maybe add slope physics like loop ones,it might be impossible since SRB2 is based on doom legacy a source port of doom,and as you know doom engine is for shooters and not platformers
 
maybe add slope physics like loop ones,it might be impossible since SRB2 is based on doom legacy a source port of doom,and as you know doom engine is for shooters and not platformers
Slope physics already exist and loops are possible. (You probably don't notice it because slope physics only really work when you're rolling, like Sonic 1.)
Only real issue is that getting the player to stay on them is difficult.
 
maybe add slope physics like loop ones,it might be impossible since SRB2 is based on doom legacy a source port of doom,and as you know doom engine is for shooters and not platformers
Slope physics already exist and loops are possible. (You probably don't notice it because slope physics only really work when you're rolling, like Sonic 1.)
Only real issue is that getting the player to stay on them is difficult.
From what I remember from a while back, they've been testing out more advanced level geometry for years now. Tube-like levels similar to Lost World are one of the things that were possible in one of those old builds, but I don't know whether they've scrapped it or not since.
 
From what I remember from a while back, they've been testing out more advanced level geometry for years now. Tube-like levels similar to Lost World are one of the things that were possible in one of those old builds, but I don't know whether they've scrapped it or not since.
Really? Man I dont really know but what from i know is that true slope physics (like from every sonic game) arent there,which is the reason u dont find loop-de-loops on ingame levels
Post automatically merged:

Slope physics already exist and loops are possible. (You probably don't notice it because slope physics only really work when you're rolling, like Sonic 1.)
Only real issue is that getting the player to stay on them is difficult.
its indeed possible but needs a ton of work since its based on doom engine(DOOM LEGACY exactly),and as you know doom doesnt include physics like that
 
Really? Man I dont really know but what from i know is that true slope physics (like from every sonic game) arent there,which is the reason u dont find loop-de-loops on ingame levels
Post automatically merged:


its indeed possible but needs a ton of work since its based on doom engine(DOOM LEGACY exactly),and as you know doom doesnt include physics like that
Slope physics are in the game.
Loops are possible.

The slopes have only a subtle effect if a player runs on them. If you rolled down that big ramp near the end of GFZ2, you’d see that they work best while rolling.
 
Really? Man I dont really know but what from i know is that true slope physics (like from every sonic game) arent there,which is the reason u dont find loop-de-loops on ingame levels
There's a few old gifs from the testing of it that were circulating around several years back which can be viewed here, here, and here. I think these gifs were made back in 2021 or 2022.
Slope physics are in the game.
Loops are possible.
Yeah but the two things currently don't pair together very well. You could structurally make a loop and the slope physics would work on it, but without haxxy stuff like reversed gravity and etc. the game doesn't really know what to do properly when you reach the halfway up point to make it function like a traditional Sonic loop. There's also not really the sprites to make it look good from behind/ahead in multiplayer, so best results would be with rotating models. In regards to core functionality though, as demonstrated in my above links they have been testing out with more complicated level geometry, so assuming that whole line of testing didn't get scrapped the sprites issue is probably the bigger one.

There's also the "issue" of being able to just ignore the loop by jumping through it, but I never really saw this as problematic. If you're looking for thrill (or maybe even access to a higher up area with a bit of skilled movement that allows you to launch yourself) then take the loop, if you're looking for speed then skip it.
 
Yeah but the two things currently don't pair together very well. You could structurally make a loop and the slope physics would work on it, but without haxxy stuff like reversed gravity and etc. the game doesn't really know what to do properly when you reach the halfway up point to make it function like a traditional Sonic loop. There's also not really the sprites to make it look good from behind/ahead in multiplayer, so best results would be with rotating models. In regards to core functionality though, as demonstrated in my above links they have been testing out with more complicated level geometry, so assuming that whole line of testing didn't get scrapped the sprites issue is probably the bigger one.
I thought "Only real issue is that getting the player to stay on them is difficult." was a fine explanation for such a small discussion. I didn't feel an exhaustive explanation of many of the problems were necessary.

There's also the "issue" of being able to just ignore the loop by jumping through it, but I never really saw this as problematic. If you're looking for thrill (or maybe even access to a higher up area with a bit of skilled movement that allows you to launch yourself) then take the loop, if you're looking for speed then skip it.
3D Sonic games like SA1 have no problem with you jumping through so I would say it's fine.
I mean, if you really want people to go through your loop, you could just put an invisible wall, but that limits player freedom which is kind of the name of Sonic games, so I don't know.
 
I mean, if you really want people to go through your loop, you could just put an invisible wall, but that limits player freedom which is kind of the name of Sonic games, so I don't know.
A better idea I think would be to place an item monitor at the inner top section. This would incentivize using the loop to get the item inside the monitor without making it outright mandatory. Alternatively, you could just place rings which players are more likely to ignore but are still valuable for when you want to work towards extra lives or Super Sonic or even just when you're not holding onto any at the moment and want that safety net.

If someone did want to make a mandatory loop, they could stretch it out both horizontally and vertically (forming a huge screw shape) over a bottomless pit or lava or etc. to punish falling off the loop and make skipping it difficult or outright impossible depending on which character you are using without restricting player movement.
 
I think that Cavern Fortress and Egg Satellite should switch Chaos Emeralds due to the fact that CEZ contains little blue and its bricks are gray. ERZ is also mostly light blue on the outside of the space station. After all, CFZ is based off of CEZ and ES is based off of ERZ.
FYI, Egg Rock Zone image I screenshotted from https://wiki.srb2.org/wiki/File:MarathonRun-v22.png
1771010979627.png
1771011033005.png
 
Last edited:
Hello SRB2 Team! I noticed some inconsistencies while playing that I would like to bring to light! Specifically involving Metal Sonic's 3d model animations! Attached is both model and sprite animations for walking and hovering. The sprite has a different animation when not moving while hovering, a slow decent, mincingly glaring at his next target. Cold, calculating, full of personality, and most importantly ITS COOL AF. But the Model? NOTHING, it stays the same as his normal walk animation. I decided to look through the models, and to my surprise there is an animation cycle separate from the walking cycle that looks extremely similar to the animation from the sprite. My suggestion is this, you already have a frame of animation that would work perfectly, replace/edit/fix the current 3d model animation to more closely match his sprite! This might not be a "big deal" but will be an improvement nonetheless! Thanks for your time and attention!

~Kelso
 

Attachments

  • Recording 2026-03-22 155619.mp4
    3.2 MB
  • Recording 2026-03-22 155818.mp4
    3.1 MB
  • Recording 2026-03-22 160832.mp4
    300.6 KB
  • Recording 2026-03-22 161047.mp4
    629.4 KB
Sorry if that was rather untasteful, I expected you to download it, lol.
Essentially, I highly recommend you reread the rules. Asking for mods or something akin to it is against the rules and stuff. I did it a bit too, but I highly recommend you don't.
But this thread isn't to make suggestions? I think he was just suggesting.
 

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 18, Members: 0, Guests: 18)

Back
Top