Suggestions

We need -noeaster. For years like this one. Or a interwebz service where Easter's time can be downloaded.

Double posting because I'm suggesting something now.

Linedef Executor: Dynamic Cut-Away View. What if you want the cut-away view to move? It would be a hard WADding technique, but I don't see it as much of a problem for programming.

My suggestion for today...

Things that actually float on the surface of the water, just like the Skims are able to.

There could also be some pushable ones, that start off on land, are pushed into the water, and they float!

More S_SKIN values for superform stuff:
  • Something that allows your character to turn super in a sector with type 969 (Turn Super Sonic), but not turn super on their own.
  • A variable that tells the game how many rings are needed in order to turn super. It would also be important that turn super sectors give you this amount of rings when you turn super.
  • A variable that tells the game how fast your rings are depleted. Or, rather, how many tics it takes between each ring that's drained.
A practical application for the first variable would be a character that shouldn't turn super normally, but I don't want the character to die in Mystic Realm Zone.
A practical application for the last two would be a character I do want to turn super, but has an ability that gives the the character lots of rings really fast. These two variables could make the character wait to turn super for a reasonable amount of time, as well as moderate the time the character spends in superform.

Senku Niola said:
Superspin =0/1 allow spinning or not for super forms.

You're going to have to change the name of that variable to something like maybe 'allowsuperspin', since 'superspin' exists and determines whether or not Superforms use their spinning frames for their spinning/jumping rather than what you suggested.

I like the idea though.

A_Chase and other related chase like actions to work for objects that target anything that isn't a player, such as a missile targets Eggman or a crawla.

Ability to use the NiGHTS Drone on non-nights stages.

Ability to deactivate NiGHTS Sonic through a linedef effect and executor.

Allow custom characters to have their own NiGHTS sprites instead of Super Sonic (for when you're flying on a 2D track) if you put them in the WAD. That way, only the character which had the sprites in it's WAD will affected by the new sprites, not everyone else.

- Non-CTF-styled Ring mode. Ring chains earn you more points like in NiGHTS, but 10, 20, 40, 80, 100 points, 100 the limit. For match maps. Colored Rings, which each earns you whatever points.

- Blue Rings from Chaotix.

- More Special Stage types.

- Sonic Crackers multiplayer mode. When the player limit is reached, each player can choose to team up with another player. Then, in a especially designed course, the teams race all Sonic Crackers style.

- Aquatic Ruin Grounder-styled enemies.

- Chicken mode. The opposite of Tag. You earn points when you are it, and whoever tags you becomes it.

Time-Overs should be in normal levels. It should be different, depending on the difficulty. Easy can be ten minutes, medium can be eight, hard can be seven, very hard should be 6, and Ultimate as five.

Hyperknux said:
The platform thing in Launch base on Sonic 3 & Knuckles which goes up, but it swings round in circles whilst doing so.

That can be done with clever use of Timed Linedef Executors and polyobjects. When you go in there:

* Trigger the gargoyle box's door to open.
* The gargoyle triggers the in-game door to close.
* The gargoyle then activates the gonna-be-brand-new Trigger Linedef Executor - FOF Rotation.
* The gargoyle then triggers the floor to move up.
* After it's done rising, 2 seconds later, the Trigger Linedef Executor - FOF Rotation parameter of angular rotation has completed.
* The gargoyle then triggers the new door to open.

There you go.

-Graphics settings options. Since (as I've heard) that the enemies are getting new looks, there should be an option in the video settings menu on which set (classic, or new) each enemy would be from.

-Console commands, like RACETYPE, EXITLEVEL, and TUNES should be accessable through a new menu labled "Extra".

-Platforms that can change speed as they go.

-More classic-styled textures.

-Due to the Elemental Shield changing color, blue should be the Basic Shield.
-Remember those levels from the old versions? Fixed up and improved versions would be an awesome unlockable for beating the game once for all characters
-Boss Attack mode (may require special header things)
-Universal Time Attack. Time Attack through the entire game. (unlockable once all the levels are gotten)
-The Flame Shield shouldn't be removed. It should just be a shield that makes you invincible to fire, and makes your character run faster slightly.

-More waiting sprites. Instead of just tapping, Sonic can do that one sitting thing from Sonic 2.
-Hidden Palace-like Zone. With the theme, objects, and gimmicks and everything.
-Different forms of capsules. Ceiling ones, wall ones, floating ones, ect.
-A red-colored Eggmobile for RVZ's boss. It can be like the THZ one, except it follows you, (above, stops if there is a floor between you and him) shooting fire, which can burn platforms.
-The burning platforms with fire thing.
-Desintigrating plaforms.

Code:
[22:38:24] <Warpshade> Linedef Type 255: [url]http://srb2wiki.sepwich.com/wiki/Linedef_Type_255[/url] . But I have no idea how to apply it to a FOF.
[22:39:01] [I] oh ok
[22:39:04] [I] wow
[22:39:43] [I] might have to use a sector instead
[22:39:48] * Joins: SRB2-Playah (codyspikac@66-169-248-149.dhcp.gnps.or.charter.com)
[22:40:04] [I] you can make it not-solid by making a fake floor
[22:40:10] [I] but it won't be quicksand anyway
[22:41:21] <Callum> Ehh
[22:42:45] <Callum> Hey, there should be able to have more than one linedef effect for a linedef =P

There COULD be multiple effects for one linedef, but unless the map format is changed, that would give us much fewer options - for example, you can now have four sector specials per sector, but there are only 64 options to choose from, instead of the old 65535 possibilities.

A cecho for patches... patchecho?

I just wanna be able to make patches appear in the middle of the screen using a script, so I can have a nice sexy MOTD on my server (The same method FF used for FF_Serv.wad...)

Autosaver said:
I was wondering if we could have a style water slide before the final boss.

You can fake water slides in Final Demo, and water slides already exist in 1.1 in Deep Sea Zone (you obviously haven't seen the trailer =)).

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 4, Members: 0, Guests: 4)

Back