Suggestions for Zone Builder before I start

Sup! This is my first post, though I've played robo blast for a while, and even have it on my phone.

Just making this in case you guys think there's anything I need to know before I start working on a map tomorrow or the day after. I already have the music made (see bottom of post if you wanna hear the demo), and just have to learn the basics of Zone Builder (I think).

Anything I need to know that you wish you knew at first?
| |
v Alright, here's the song demo v

 
Do not be afraid to copy other peoples' homework when it comes to adding stuff to your own maps. Obviously I don't mean "literally copy these setpieces and elements and place them into your own levels", but if a level you've played, be it vanilla or from someone else, does something you think is really cool and you think you'd want to do something similar for your own level (or are just curious how they pulled it off), don't be afraid to crack it open in Zone Builder to figure out how it was done. I did this a lot during my own stint as a mapper and it helped give me a greater understanding of how certain features work (you might need to cross reference the wiki a couple times too, of course).
 
Sup! This is my first post, though I've played robo blast for a while, and even have it on my phone.

Just making this in case you guys think there's anything I need to know before I start working on a map tomorrow or the day after. I already have the music made (see bottom of post if you wanna hear the demo), and just have to learn the basics of Zone Builder (I think).

Anything I need to know that you wish you knew at first?
| |
v Alright, here's the song demo v

View attachment 182210
zone building isn't teh hard part, its making good levels. you can spend hours on a level and have only made 10 secodns of gamplay thats easily skipped.
 

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back
Top