Stuff to put in 1.09

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know what you meant, but it's so much more fun to twist things into sick, disturbing images.

Shadow Hog said:
Kyran said:
I don't know if this has been said or even added but what about triggers that chance direction in 2d mode?
You mean like NiGHTS mode does?

(He means changing directions, FYI.)

The closest things we have to that is lightdashing in 2D mode, but that's not what you want. Although, really, why do that when you can make a straight 3D level?

It'd also be a rather large pain in the anus. The camera would get stuck every 5 seconds.

Unless something was added that I didn't know about, you can use the NiGHTS triggers only while in NiGHTS mode and while in a 2D map..... :eek:

What I'd like to see is the ability to switch between 2D and 3D via lindef execs.

Yes, but that's not exactly what I mean... Example: You run through a large, 3D open area, and come across a small tunnel. As soon as you step into the tunnel, you trip the exec and go into 2D mode. When you come out of the tunnel, you trip another exec and go back into 3D mode. Get it?

In 2D mode, the left and right arrow keys restrict your movement to the X axis. It's not arbitrary.

I just downloaded the Doom Legacy engine, and I noticed something very interesting. Legacy has the possibility to support MD2 models, such as what is used in jdoom and Quake. I have some knowledge in how this how these models work, and can make the skins if needed. Not that you guys need help, heh.

SRB2 uses an older version of Legacy, I think And, it would only work in OpenGL. If it had model support, it would have slopes allready.

MD2 support is VERY buggy and OpenGL only. It's not an option for real gaming unless it becomes much better, and since we use an ancient Doom source port, as Hotdog said, it's not likely to happen.

Ah, well, it was worth a try. But later on, when Legacy fixes up those bugs, wouldn't it be somewhat easy to make MD2 cross over to SRB2?

As you guys said, even if it did work, it would probably only be an option that could be disabled to use sprites instead.

SSNTails said:
Unless something was added that I didn't know about, you can use the NiGHTS triggers only while in NiGHTS mode and while in a 2D map..... :eek:

I thought you told me ages ago that the NiGHTS axis triggers worked in 2D maps? Could've sworn you did.

Nope, that was probably everyone else thinking it was so.

I might have said that the NiGHTS axis WORK in 2D mode, but they work like they do in NiGHTS mode... for NiGHTS only.

...and I'm not even too sure if that's true.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 3, Members: 0, Guests: 3)

Back