Stuff missing/incompatible in 1.1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let me rephrase it then. Lets discuss about the stuff we already know thats in 1.1 and the stuff we know will not be gone from 1.04.

That should clear things up.

"U83r 133+ F41L!"

Triangle Trumper said:
I hope they don't change to WAD type like from 1.08 to 1.09. That would be U83r 133+ F41L!
We did

Re: "U83r 133+ F41L!"

AlamGBC said:
Triangle Trumper said:
I hope they don't change to WAD type like from 1.08 to 1.09. That would be U83r 133+ F41L!
We did
OK, I got confused here: what does this mean? :/

And sorry to be harsh, but I'm still wondering how after all this time, and having dealt with so many limitations from the WAD format, SRB2 isn't using its own custom format actually >_>

Re: "U83r 133+ F41L!"

Sik said:
And sorry to be harsh, but I'm still wondering how after all this time, and having dealt with so many limitations from the WAD format, SRB2 isn't using its own custom format actually >_>
.SRB2 FTW *Shot*

Chrome the hedgehog said:
Let me rephrase it then. Lets discuss about the stuff we already know thats in 1.1 and the stuff we know will not be gone from 1.04.

That should clear things up.
1.09.4!!! Not 1.04!! We'd be talking about things that would have survived from that version to the current one if we were!

And there's plenty of 1.09.4 stuff that we know will not be taken out in 1.1... There's too much to list here.

True, there is a lot of stuff still there.

But everything has been moved. None of the current WADs will actually work unless ported over. Sure, there'll be a converter, but I expect that even that will eventually stop working on more complex designs.

As far as I know the only converter will be one to make all stuff numbers (sector types, linedef types, thing numbers) to their new value in 1.1. Nothing more. Everything else must be converted by hand (like SOCs that have to be rewritten from scratch, or all graphics which must be converted to the new palette, probably even frames for sprites should all be made from scratch because the used frames changed).

I think the only thing that may be safe to use is TEXTURE1, because even if you're missing all new textures, you won't be using them anyways :P The problem I see through is if some of the existant textures had their size changed or were even removed. Then we're in trouble...

ola said:
How do people know all about this if the 1.1 beta was a secret?

It was leaked....

The thing is, some of us were supposed to get it.
But, no. That's not how we know this.
We know by watching what the staff says regarding 1.1, and we put what few pieces we get together. There's enough public information for us that we can accurately say that a lot of 1.09.4 stuff is going to be a bit of a pain to port over.

Dark Warrior said:
ola said:

It was leaked....

We know by watching what the staff says regarding 1.1, and we put what few pieces we get together. There's enough public information for us that we can accurately say that a lot of 1.09.4 stuff is going to be a bit of a pain to port over.

And you can find this at your local SRB2 Wiki. ♪

I'll Begin said:
Dark Warrior said:
ola said:

It was leaked....

And you can find this at your local SRB2 Wiki. ♪
... OMG I just found a link to it. I would tell, but it would call negative attention. I probaly need proof, but i am afraid of getting banned

ola said:
... OMG I just found a link to it. I would tell, but it would call negative attention. I probaly need proof, but i am afraid of getting banned

Huh? I didn't understand... You're afraid of getting banned for posting a link to a wiki page?

SRB2Wiki is there for it: information. Unless you're talking about an 1.1 exe found elsewhere... >:D

Well... I leave here some interesting things about 1.1

About SRB2 v1.1:
http://wiki.srb2.org/wiki/Version_1.1

YouTube video previewing some things from final version
http://srb2dev.blog.srb2.org/2008/04/08/youtube-teaser-video

Enjoy the video...

I think he was looking at old revisions of SRB2Wiki's 1.1 article. The beta was leaked there. I killed all the revisions at that point, though, so now it's impossible to actually find it there.

When it was leaked. My friend googled it, and he found it for me, it wasn't that hard to find, and yes, I do know thats not the only way we know all this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back