• No, But they are just doing their job

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • All with yes

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Myz

Hello. do you think Sonic Team Junior is too mean?
They have all these specifications on E-mailing them an their "Tone"
(per se) is a bit harsh. Or are they too sensitive? When ever they see a board about them they lock it or ban the person who posted the damn thing. What do you think?

I think that it's really hard to run a MB with so many n00bs on it. Admins/Mods do what has to be done. Accept it, or go away.

Of course STJ is /not/ too mean. Only n00bs think that they are. They aren't too sensitive at all, either. They don't lock a thread/ban someone who posted the thing unless it's stupid, or if they are posting something illegal. Seriously..

Realistically, you can't really call them "Sonic Team Junior". It's really more about getting to know Mystic, SSNTails, and such. It's more of a case by case basis about "sensitivity".

If anything, they're not being harsh enough.

In the end, it's their board not yours, if you don't like it, don't come here.

Honestly, I wish I didn't have to BE so harsh. The reality of it is that when I'm not, I'm always given more bannable offenses in return.

Yes, I have a trigger finger on the ban button. If I don't, the entire forum would be a conglomeration of idiots who think Super Mystic Sonic should be in the official game or something. I'd rather piss off a few idiots to make the rest of the forum happy, and that's what we do around here.

*Snaps into a salute*
*Shot*

But seriously, I've been here for a while, and I haven't been banned (yet). It's just a case of not pushing your luck.

If you think you just flamed, delete the post.
Try to make perfect sense. Run your post through a spellchecker (even MSword) if you have bad spelling and/or grammar
The search button is your friend... if it doen't show you what you need, mention it in your first post. This stops people from reprimanding you and means they help with your problem.

and with that, All y-*banned*

I don't think he bans people for grammar really. He wouldn't be so harsh if more people read the rules. And mostly for people not having common sense. Come on why would you ask for characters in the release section. If you didn't read the rules, you should at least have the common since to ask for the character in the srb2 suggestion and help.

The admins are just doing their job. Understandably, newcomers can see the admins (as well as quite a few oldcomers) as being a bit harsh; I don't blame the users, mods, or newbs. When half of your new users are idiots that can't read the rules that are right in front of them when they waltz into the forum, you can't help but expect dog crap from them. This goes the same with the netgame community as well. Many netgames either have the most annoying wads on them, are roleplay/hangout games, or are stupidly abusing console commands to make the game "funny", "cool", or, more commonly, "easy". I'm noting especially gravity, startrings, respawnitemtime, and startlives. There are also servers that have a craptastic connection, but that's just a matter of misfortune, fo rthe most part.

There are too many dolts on this community, and they're still multiplying like rabbits, despite efforts to shut them up. I'm for the full support of the admins kicking them out, and I hope they keep doing so until this event fades out. Assuming it does.

I'd give some ideas out to lessen this flood, but I'm too busy working on my other side projects, and am fully enjoying playing rom hacks of Sonic 1-3K from Sonic Retro.

This place seems fine to me, but then again, I don't visit the Releases section.

Personally, I believe this place should tighten up security ala Simon Wai. Entry test, "trial" membership, et al. But eh, to each their own.
EDIT: To clarify, I was speaking of the forums only.

I'm not a noob, actually. I've signed up 3 times, only because I forgot my password. If you've read the rules for E-mailing mystic zbout questions, his rules do seem a tad mean. Now, youv'e gotta admit, there has never ever been a DOOM hack as well put together as this one, for it contains all the positive things in the Sonic franchise. You'd honestly think that some people who put together a great game such as this would be at least a LITTLE NICER, but eh, what the hell can you do?

Oh, and SRB2 RIDERS IS TEH BEST!

Yes, I have a trigger finger on the ban button.

I, too, have a trigger finger on the ban button in my own forum, but then again, my forum has 7 members, and is being torn down and rebuilt again, just like on your old website with SRB1.

If anything, they're not being harsh enough.
You have a point but NO. You people don't understand (not trying to flame here...) that Sonic was a KID's game, and you're gonna be harsh?

Only n00bs think that they are.

I'm not a noob. Oh, and does your screen name refer to Vash the stampede?

He wouldn't be so harsh if more people read the rules.

I have read them. And I like your Jman Kart mod. (Actually I think I'm breaking one right now.)

Do you see what I'm saying? Be realistic people, SONIC TEAM JUNIOR IS A TAD HARSH! And I'm not trying to be mean and junk, but could ya tone down the rude a little (it's not just STjr, [insert various names here] it's others as well.)

Myz said:
You have a point but NO. You people don't understand (not trying to flame here...) that Sonic was a KID's game, and you're gonna be harsh?

We do understand, and if you haven't noticed this isn't a place filled with little kids, heck, little kids shouldn't even be on message boards till they're atleast 11...

This community is mostly teenagers... and adults with no social life. Do you really think they want little kiddies on here typing in text talk and spitting out recolours left right and center? No.

As I've said before, if you don't like it here, don't come here, their board not yours.

If Roboegg99 or WhiteRose make misjudged posts here based on their bad experiences in this community, heads will roll.

In reality. STJr seem "mean" for a reason. They wouldn't have to be if people wouldn't break the forum rules. I somehow think we attract more noobs than any other message board.

I didn't say that you were a n00b, and for the twentyth time, the username does not refer to Trigun.
Sorry about that.

As I've said before, if you don't like it here, don't come here, their board not yours.

I'm sorry about that as well. I'm sorry, but it seems where ever I go I am hated for no reason. I just want it to end. When I found out SRB2 had a forum, I thought going to said forum would finnaly surround me with people who shared at least one common interest with me: Sonic.
Before I came here, I thought I would finnaly be accepted for who I am.
I guess not. I don't want your pity, so I guess I'll just stop trying to make the world a better place in our nation's time of war.

Again, I'm am sorry. To Mystic, SSNtails, and others at STJR.

Mystic, Please lock this board for me.

Okay, who said you had to mention anything about the war in Iraq?

Who says everyone on these forums is from the USA?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back