STH360 (50 % done) continues elsewhere

Status
Not open for further replies.
HYPER SONILDOW said:
SRB2WikiSonicMaster said:
All right, I get what you're doing now. But when you redesign the levels, make them play COMPLETELY different from the originals. Only the graphics and a few of the gimmicks really should resemble the game. Also, stay away from loop overuse. They take a lot of time to make, but the help they add to a level is negligible.
Finally, someone understands. and they are different from the originals.
Sonic Master says to make them play different from the original, Sonic Master didn't say that you are doing levels playing different, also, take the most possible advices, instead of taking some of them, and reject the rest, if you wanna know my advices, here there are:

I said:
Why not doing only 2 loops by level? It takes less space, doesn't make much lag, and it's worth it!
I said:
you must delay your beta wad release and working on taking out the wall and level glitches on the levels. And after, working on one level by one, without forgetting those glitches, lag, etc..., and then, you work on a next level, doing the same thing, etc...
I hope that you understand my advices and that you don't reject them, there are also some people who gives advices for making the wad better, don't reject them too. I might be wrong, again...

Ok you guys heres the deal. I'm gonna make a software version. The Software version is gonna be like my version and opengl version is the real mod with a little bit of my creativity<- (understand I'm still gonna make my version of the levels but with sega version too so it's like a mix). I figures out that some loops made the level lagg so I took some out, but it's still gonna have a zoom tube to the path that I replaced the loop with. Is that Ok ( even if you think it's not ok Im gonna do it anyway.) I hope you guys will enjoy it after I'm done with it. Heres some bad news. The progress to this mod is gonna be super slow, unless some more people to helps out.

HS, replace the sections that were occupied by loops with your own creativity. It's perfectly possible to do so.

I would help, too, but the last time we tried, it didn't work out so well. Plus I'm already working on Radiant Way...

HYPER SONILDOW said:
Ok you guys heres the deal. I'm gonna make a software version. The Software version is gonna be like my version and opengl version is the real mod with a little bit of my creativity<- (understand I'm still gonna make my version of the levels but with sega version too so it's like a mix). I figures out that some loops made the level lagg so I took some out, but it's still gonna have a zoom tube to the path that I replaced the loop with. Is that Ok ( even if you think it's not ok Im gonna do it anyway.) I hope you guys will enjoy it after I'm done with it. Heres some bad news. The progress to this mod is gonna be super slow, unless some more people to helps out.
Man, Sonildow, it's unfair, the software and hardware(OpenGL) version should have the same thing, it shouldn't have a better one, because it's cheap, and they should be together, the software and hardware version, in one only wad.
Anyway, I wanted to help you too, but I'm just better at beta testing you see, but ask for some people on the message board that are great and that might help you.

Brown the dog said:
HYPER SONILDOW said:
Man, Sonildow, it's unfair, the software and hardware(OpenGL) version should have the same thing, it shouldn't have a better one, because it's cheap, and they should be together, the software and hardware version, in one only wad.
Anyway, I wanted to help you too, but I'm just better at beta testing you see, but ask for some people on the message board that are great and that might help you.

No they will both be fun. Software should'nt be the same as hardware and hardware shouldn't be the same as software, I'm working on both of them at the same time and they'll be the same length in the FUN-O-METER. If people wanted to help they would've posted on this topic or pm me.

HYPER SONILDOW said:
Brown the dog said:
HYPER SONILDOW said:

No they will both be fun. Software should'nt be the same as hardware and hardware shouldn't be the same as software, I'm working on both of them at the same time and they'll be the same length in the FUN-O-METER. If people wanted to help they would've posted on this topic or pm me.
I'm agreeing with Brown on this one :/ It really wouldn't be a good idea to make to different wads for this. Plus it'll take much longer because you have to go back and redo every single detail

Yeah, your right sonic260, but I'm gonna have to to get rid of these laggs in software, no futher comments.

HYPER SONILDOW said:
If people wanted to help they would've posted on this topic or pm me.
Seriously, do you think people will get here and help you like a piece of cake? Not alot of people who makes good things are here, as I seen, so it's better going around, gather information on the best makers, PM them and they'll might help. It's better than just waiting...

As much to my disbelief, Im actually looking forward to the next Beta. How long do you THINK it will take until its released?

HxK Retro said:
As much to my disbelief, Im actually looking forward to the next Beta. How long do you THINK it will take until its released?
>_< When it's done, don't bother him, you're just rushing him.

Brown the dog said:
HxK Retro said:
How long do you THINK it will take until its released?
When it's done
Wow I can't believe someone gave that answer again. Anyway don't rush him. Level making isn't that easy, especially if its a level pack. You always want to go back and change things that might not seem right, or and new things. Don't rush him. Try making a level yourself and you'll see what I mean

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Back