Stats and Tourneys

Status
Not open for further replies.

iz_26

I think it would be cool if there was a way to keep up with stats such as kills, amount of time played, and things like that. I think it would be cool for tourneys to be set up maybe like once a week or somethin or let users set up their own tourneys. What do u guyz think.

I know that someone out of no where is going to come up and say:
"No requesting <insert name of thing you want to be made> If you want someone to make it, make it your self."
Or something of that...

FIX'D

I don't know, Chaos, I think he's on to something that could Easily be done. I like the Idea, and I really want to discuss it.

Anyway, we have a Score Keeper for Match Mode, etc.

What if we were to take all that and Make it record.

Dude1 hit dude2
Dude1 hit total +1

Get the Idea?

Yea Sykotic you seem to have the right idea of what I mean. The other 2 games I play (Wulfram 2 and Alien Arena 2k7) have stats. You could easily add the stats to the main website so people can see who's the top player and view their own personal stats. I'll help with this if I'm in the position to do so. Tourneys seem to draw more players to a game and this game has lots of potential to become one of the top online games. I mean you can make your own maps and characters, so people will already like the game I'm sure so now all it needs is some online gaming activites and that can start with adding stats.

I dunno. Stats, in my opinion, are just a way of saying "This is how much you suck at the game, loser!" Also, tournaments have been attempted before and have all fallen flat. Don't expect to be able to make your own successful tourney.

^ You just need to find the Right Player who everyone Revers. Find him, get his attention, and people Will FLOCK to a Tourney. *Points to Shu* He kicks my Sorry butt in match Mode, and as many times as he's gotten me, and several others, Shu would Rank in Top Ten anyway. I think Mystic is Number One though *Shifty Eyes*

Saying "This is How much you suck" isn't the idea of Stats. The way I see it, Stats are Goals. There might be a Player you want to beat that's high up. He has 153 kills. You have 81. Your Goal is to get to at least 153 kills, right? The Motif and the Real Ass kicker here is that Player stats are constantly Being updated, and this will make the Player play more and he now has a reason to play this game even more. He has that one Goal; get more kills than that one guy

I'm not saying make a Netgame that says "Everyone but me is Tails. I kill you all etc." That is NOT the right way to do stats. The right way is to get a number of kills/wins/whatevers and say "I got (Insert number here) of (Insert thing here)!"

That's my coupla Cents there, feel free to contradict, whatever.

Yeah, I agree with Foxblitzz on the stats Idea, but I do like the sound of a tournament (although I'd probably lose)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back