• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Start Colors?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am curently working on a wad character and I'm not sure which colors in the palette that can be used as a start color. For example SMS's and knuckles' is red, Sonic's and Tails' is green and SMS's Sadxsonic's is blue.
If anyone could help me on this it would be greatly aprecated :mrgreen:

EDIT: The SRB2 Wiki (STARS) explains startcolors a little better than I do.

EDIT2: This next part has nothing to do with startcolors
If you want it to have a different color when you use it in single player, you can use prefcolor = X, where X can be:

0 - no change
1 - grey
2 - peach
3 - Dark red
4 - silver
5 - orange
6 - red
7 - blue
8 - dark blue
9 - pink
10 - beige
11 - purple
12 - green
13 - white
14 - gold
15 - yellow

Thanks, but thats not what I mean, I mean how can I change the color choice that says none. And what colors can be used to let the character chnage colors.

You can use whatever color of the doom pallete as a startcolor, to make the color you want to change for your character.

Doompal.png

Set the startcolor to whatever is the lightest color used for color changing, and the endcolor to that plus 15

No, no color just means, don't mess with the sprites at all. So if your sprites are red, your and your startcolor is red, then no color will be red.

Draykon said:
No, no color just means, don't mess with the sprites at all. So if your sprites are red, your and your startcolor is red, then no color will be red.
Ohhhhhh, now I get it so just say my sprites are blue, then the none color is blue?

There's a little problem with it, though. If you use the none color for your character in SRB2 (rather than a color like green or purple), then your spindash trail won't appear.

FoxBlitzz said:
There's a little problem with it, though. If you use the none color for your character in SRB2 (rather than a color like green or purple), then your spindash trail won't appear.

Correct, no color is very borky.

1. If the character also has hires, it will look really screwy.
2. Thokitem and spinitem don't appear, this will also mess up custom charabilities.
3. They will not change colors automatically, such as when going super.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back